Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my RS5 titanium complete exhaust system. To my surprise, it even came with a cherry bomb! But I already have one so I guess I'll be throwing this one on Ebay. I weighed the stock exhaust which came in right at a even 9 pounds. The stock header with the heat shield weighed in at 2 pounds 4 ounces. The titanium exhaust weighs 5 pounds 12 ounces and the titanium header without the heat shield weighs 12 ounces. So it looks like you save right at 3 1/4 pounds with just the slip on. Not bad but I was hoping for a little more. Has anyone weighed the standard steel RS5 slip on? I would be curious to see how much the titanium saves in weight.

Sidewinder also called me and told me they will be shipping my two 38 teeth rear sprockets tomorrow so I should have them by the middle of next week. I'll let you know what the weight difference is between the stock 36 and the Sidewinder 38 tri-moly as soon as I receive them.

· Registered
33 Posts
Did this titanium system come with the carbon pipe? I've been waiting for the carbon pipe/titanium system since Feb. Yoshi already offers it for Honda street bikes so I'm hoping it's only a matter of time before it's out for the LTR.

· Registered
2,648 Posts
I was thinking the stock exhaust would be alot less than that, because my stock YFZ pipe (not including headpipe) is in the 9lbs range and it feels alot heavier than my stock LTR pipe.

· Registered
2,648 Posts
Because people think titanium is better, well actaully titanium is brittle when hot and can dent easily. The only thing titanium does better is cool down faster.

· Premium Member
476 Posts
The weight savings is 2lbs. Which is a much needed 2 lbs on the lead sled we call the LTR.

The Ti System still uses the alluminum can. The guys at Yosh explained to me the heat generated in the can was too much for a Ti Can, the same reason you wont see a Carbon Model.

· Registered
494 Posts
yo cernics man answer your PM's!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.