Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner

Worcs At Utah

3753 Views 31 Replies 11 Participants Last post by  quadmonkey
Anyone other than Fastdrmr and myself going to the Utah race?
21 - 32 of 32 Posts
Anyone other than Fastdrmr and myself going to the Utah race?
[/b]
What race is in UTAH,going to coral pink dunes friday.
I guess I was the only one there... and Friday practice was rained out... Saturday Unclassified was sopping wet / muddy! It rained Saturday night and the Pros had quite the race on Sunday!

In my class (30+C) I was the only LTR, only 5 of us started... and I got the hole shot! I had a giant Bombadier right next to me until I grabbed 2nd gear and it was all over. These WHITE LTRs are pretty quick! I was doing great in the lead for the first 2 miles then got passed by a Honda (Harris #30) but that was short lived as his jetting appeared to be way off and I passed him on the fields... then it was all over. My pit crew gave me the spread between me and second place and it grew by 15 seconds each lap. All that was left to do was ride and have fun. Editted to add: EFI ROCKS!!! Eat your hearts out Carbed Racers... the track was at 7000ft!

My brother in law (Robbie Mitchell #10) got second place in the Pro race. He rode really solid and kept up with Doug Eichner (+30 seconds till the end) and stayed in front of Josh Fredrick who came in 3rd. He too got the hole shot on the inside MUDDY line! He rides a Honda.

Anyways... that's my update. I should have some pix up soon. Sorry that Rooprick and LTR184 couldn't join us.

Oh, did I tell you that it rained and it was muddy?
See less See more
I guess I was the only one there... and Friday practice was rained out... Saturday Unclassified was sopping wet / muddy! It rained Saturday night and the Pros had quite the race on Sunday!

In my class (30+C) I was the only LTR, only 5 of us started... and I got the hole shot! I had a giant Bombadier right next to me until I grabbed 2nd gear and it was all over. These WHITE LTRs are pretty quick! I was doing great in the lead for the first 2 miles then got passed by a Honda (Harris #30) but that was short lived as his jetting appeared to be way off and I passed him on the fields... then it was all over. My pit crew gave me the spread between me and second place and it grew by 15 seconds each lap. All that was left to do was ride and have fun. Editted to add: EFI ROCKS!!! Eat your hearts out Carbed Racers... the track was at 7000ft!

My brother in law (Robbie Mitchell #10) got second place in the Pro race. He rode really solid and kept up with Doug Eichner (+30 seconds till the end) and stayed in front of Josh Fredrick who came in 3rd. He too got the hole shot on the inside MUDDY line! He rides a Honda.

Anyways... that's my update. I should have some pix up soon. Sorry that Rooprick and LTR184 couldn't join us.

[/b]
Congrats on your win. I would have been their lined up against you but I broke my wrist the weekend before. I race that 30+C class also and was just getting back into riding shape. So we wil have to catch up the next race which doesn't look like Pismo for me. I'll do some ITP quad cross and Thunder in the valley races until the new WORCS series starts again, probably Taft, CA or Phoenix. If you go to Pismo good luck!
Will your wrist be OK for the Quad Cross on September 23rd?

I will be racing in the 30+ beginner class.

[/b]
Traveling to races is off for a little while, my wife and I have a new baby that requires most of our attention. I'm gonna race the rest of the local races and I'll see you guys next season. BTW I'm going back to Washougal to redeem my self this weekend at a OMRA GP!
what is going on at washougal tomorrow? i might have to drive down there and at least watch?
Congrats fast--on the win in Monticello..You will be ready for B class next year. WORCS did post a tentative schedule. Looks like a fun one....
Will your wrist be OK for the Quad Cross on September 23rd?

I will be racing in the 30+ beginner class.
[/b]
No that won't happen as this cast will be on until mid October and then I'll need to get my wrist strong and start riding again. So probably :bangbang: mid December.
what is going on at washougal tomorrow? i might have to drive down there and at least watch?
[/b]
Sorry, I didn't see this until today...Dick Jagow Memorial GP. Basically was the same course as the Worcs race. Lots of fun.
Sorry, I didn't see this until today...Dick Jagow Memorial GP. Basically was the same course as the Worcs race. Lots of fun.
[/b]
man that was a fun race.....extremely rough!
man that was a fun race.....extremely rough!
[/b]
Did you happen to see me in the blackberry ravine? That was no fun. Busted my goggles and had to have a track guy winch me out. I have no luck at Washougal.
Did you happen to see me in the blackberry ravine? That was no fun. Busted my goggles and had to have a track guy winch me out. I have no luck at Washougal.
[/b]

No I surely didn't. But I think I may have passed by you out in the big open field section. I was on a Yellow LTR #525.

Sorry to hear about the blackberry ravine incident. The only quad that I saw sitting on the side of the course was that orange KFX400.

As for myself, I had a good race. Placed 4th in ATV expert.

Are you going to the Starvation Ridge race on Oct 7th?
21 - 32 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.