oh that is purdy!!!!!

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
what are you running for a cam setup?

·
Registered
541 Posts
I'm sure you will be pleased with it. Chris ported my head and I ran his cams, WOW what a difference. Did you do the oversized valves too?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Not real sure, will know hopefully in a few more weeks. He told me not to get the big off the shelf web camshafts because they take away alot of bottom end and his custom grind cams still gained alot on top without losing bottom end power.

Attachments

·
Registered
541 Posts
Yes, stage 3 port, +1 ti valves and performance spring kit. Going to run a 98mm bore with 13.9:1 cr
Sounds real similar to mine, except I had a stock bore with decked head 15.5:1 cr. They are torque monsters, I mean all LTRs scream on the top end, but the oversized valves will smooth out the power band so there are no flat spots. Its a very rider friendly power band, ideal for mx cuz the power is there when you want it and it doesn't beat you up. Enjoy and post how you like it once you get it going! I have a custom PCV map for my setup if you are interested, pm me your email and I can send it.

·
Registered
10,065 Posts
Yes, stage 3 port, +1 ti valves and performance spring kit. Going to run a 98mm bore with 13.9:1 cr
Sounds real similar to mine, except I had a stock bore with decked head 15.5:1 cr. They are torque monsters, I mean all LTRs scream on the top end, but the oversized valves will smooth out the power band so there are no flat spots. Its a very rider friendly power band, ideal for mx cuz the power is there when you want it and it doesn't beat you up. Enjoy and post how you like it once you get it going! I have a custom PCV map for my setup if you are interested, pm me your email and I can send it.
Did williams do that 15.5 setup for you? What kinda fuel were you running with it? Did you have to upgrade your head studs and such for that much compression? Did it make alot of heat?

·
Registered
541 Posts
Did williams do that 15.5 setup for you? What kinda fuel were you running with it? Did you have to upgrade your head studs and such for that much compression? Did it make alot of heat?
Yes Chris shaved the head for me and recommended it allowing you to run the stock piston with high compression. I have been told by multiple people to run VP C12 as the best fuel for the dollar, which has worked great for me. He did not upgrade the head studs to me knowledge and I have not had any issues. Concerning heat, he did not recommend anything special, but to be on the safe side I upgraded to a fluidyne radiator, wrapped the header, and wired my ran to run constantly. With that setup I have had no over heating problems.

·
Registered
541 Posts
I am running Williams Custom grind web cams as well, whatever grind he recommended for my setup. Boy this thing pulls! Very happy customer!! :shocked: I pull my buddies fully modified Hondas all day. In fact when I got the motor work done, one of them commented that my motor sounded like a Honda.

·
Registered
10,065 Posts
Honda! Now you're talking ha.

I'm really thinking about buying a spare motor and letting him do his thing to it.

I've been chasing Honda type torquey power ever since I've owned this Ltr. I am pretty darn close now, but for what it is, I just think it should rip.

I can't get that damn crf powered hybrid power out of my head and that's what I want. I just love my Ltr and have too much invested to let her go.

There's always the option to put a crf into this bike but I lack the metal fab and welding equipment to do so.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I will for sure. I still gotta get cams, a pcv and new timing chain and she will be ready to rock n roll. Im still on the fence about having my throttle body bored. Do you guys have any feedback on that?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts