Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Easy question for someone. Just like the title says, I've got a PC3 for my 06 LTR and the recommended location under the seat looks like it's not going to work. I get the feeling that the seat will smash the PC3 if I push it down far enough to actually latch. The install sheet also recommended inside the air box. I don't like this setup either, because I'm running the lid and don't want to have to cut it so the wires will go in there.

Has anyone mounted the PC3 elsewhere? If so, where.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
it works under the seat, it will BARELY rub but seems to be fine, ran mine there for 2 years. however now that i am running no rear plastic, mine is zip tied to my subframe. lol

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What kind of terrain do you ride? Are you worried about water and junk getting on the PC3? I have no idea how weatherproof these things are. I see it came with some plug covers to seal up the elec. connections..

One concern I had running it under the seat was the face plate buttons accidentally getting hit while riding and making weird adjustments that I don't want. If that thing was 1/2 inch thinner it would be a piece of cake....

·
Registered
287 Posts
I run mine under my seat also. Never had a problem, I ride mostly hard trails and some mx stuff. Believe it or not it won't hit the buttons. Plus I'm a fat ass and if I haven't screwed it up, you won't either....

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok, that's really good to hear because that is where I'd really like to use it. Makes it easier to connect to PC. Do you wrap it up or put it in a ziplock bag to keep it clean? These are probably ridiculous questions, I just want it to be right for as much as I spent on it.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
yes sand only for my drag bike haha and under the seat just wrap in a zip-lock if you wash with the seat off.

·
Registered
287 Posts
They are not dumb questions, I don't run any cover on it. Just make sure the USB port and the battery connection is covered. Durring cleaning I just leave the seat on and when I'm done with the outside I clean everything else with wd40 or cheaper substitute. That way even if you do get water around it, it won't get damaged. I'll take a picture of the way I set mine up when I get home.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Get rid of the lid. The ltr airbox is too small, let that motor breathe. If you run lots of XC and mudd thats the reason for the lid get a lid with a filter.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Sorry it's taken so long to get pictures up for you man I'm slammed with work. PM your number and I can text you some pictures if it will help you out.

·
Registered
712 Posts
I have been running with my PC3 under my seat for 7 years with no problems. The PC3 has ridges built up around the buttons so they dont get hit. Just make sure you trim that black foam on the bottom of the seat or else it will push down on the PC3.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.