Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello again everyone,

I was taking apart my quad and found this plastic piece along with a small screw in my gas tank...:ROFLMAO: I was wondering if it's from part 34 on the diagram? Not really sure what else it would be, but I figured I would check before tearing into that now.

After sitting this winter, my swirl filter thing (part 14) had a noticeable leak and I am in the process of deciding what to do there. It looks like on this OEM diagram I can order a new O-ring. I already replaced the O-ring in the on/off valve but now the entire thing is leaking!!. As others have suggested on here, I removed the swirl filter inside of the housing and instead used an inline fuel filter. Hopefully I can replace the O-ring and it will be as good as new. Any suggestions or pointers would be helpful.

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Bicycle tire Bicycle frame
White Line Font Engineering Parallel

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello again everyone,

I was taking apart my quad and found this plastic piece along with a small screw in my gas tank...:ROFLMAO: I was wondering if it's from part 34 on the diagram? Not really sure what else it would be, but I figured I would check before tearing into that now.

After sitting this winter, my swirl filter thing (part 14) had a noticeable leak and I am in the process of deciding what to do there. It looks like on this OEM diagram I can order a new O-ring. I already replaced the O-ring in the on/off valve but now the entire thing is leaking!!. As others have suggested on here, I removed the swirl filter inside of the housing and instead used an inline fuel filter. Hopefully I can replace the O-ring and it will be as good as new. Any suggestions or pointers would be helpful.

View attachment 34543 View attachment 34545
Did you ever find out if that piece is Important or what it’s purpose is? I just pulled off my gas tank and had the same thing

1 - 2 of 2 Posts