Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
5,714 Posts
im pretty sure the crosses are for loose dirt, i would think that the normal razr mxs (orange and yellows) would be the best bet for you

·
Registered
344 Posts
The yellow labels are soft compound 2ply, the orange labels are soft compound 4 ply. The 4 or 2 ply soft comp razrs will work awesome in those conditions but they will wear out quick. The MXR6s are a great all round tire that wear a little better. Try a set of the maxxis and see what you think. Just be warned you will have to replace in less than 2 months of racing/practicing. I can eat a set of yellows up in one day or practice if I put in 2 or 3 12 lap motos in the summer. But that is on a track that gets like concrete. Heck I wore the dimples out of a set of rear razr crosses in a day last summer.

·
Registered
14,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
<_< Maybe i'll just get MXR6's again

·
Registered
5,714 Posts
no i really dont like those tires, and i ride on similar stuff, try some normal razr mxs, they wear a bit better than mxr6s, and i think they hook up a bit better

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (NWI_#73 @ Jan 9 2009, 08:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Well s**t, now I know I want the cross fronts and now the rears are a toss up. What is THE BEST rear tire for moderate hardpack? Should I stick with MXR6's or give the yellow labels a try?[/b]

dude they are tires.. You already have riden on the MXR6's.. get a pair of Razr MX's and test them out.. I do not think you will not like them.. they are a great tire stick well and are cheap.

the MX rear's also last longer than the MXR6's from what i was told.

If you don't liek the MX rears sell them to me. i am getting ready to get another pair for racing/seat time play anyways

·
Registered
14,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Decided i'm getting the regular razr mx rears.

·
Registered
9 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (brent98rt @ Jan 12 2009, 08:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
good call.. You should love them[/b]

I agree with the Razr's. I have them and love them!! I ride everything from ruts, roots, rocks, sand and mud and they performed well beyond my expectations from this tire.

Also one of the guys I ride with has a 08 LTR and he is runnin ITP's and I pull him on the drag everytime!!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Ok so on hardpack surface the yellow or orange label razrs are the best but on a loose loamy track would the klaws, razr crosses, or mxr6s be better the only tire I have tried is the stockers.

·
Registered
14,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
After using my setup on a track last weekend, razr mx rears, razr cross fronts, this setup is SICK. I use to run holeshot mxr6's all around and this setup is hands down way better. You can't even compare the 2 setups. The Razr setup rails turns like none other...you pick your line, pin it and that's exactly where the bike will go. With the holeshots, I was never sure what the bike was gonna do or go. I will never look back to another tire combo.

·
Registered
61 Posts
does anybody run or like the kenda sx's i have just started runnin them and i really like them i have had holeshots quadcrosses and the reg. klaws and these are by far my fav. I just found out his week that kenda has stopped making them due to the kutters so i order one of the last sets from tucker rocky. what do you all think about the kutters??

·
Registered
75 Posts
It looks to me razr cross is for hard to intermediate track. I had razr rears and they were garbage on the sandy tracks of florida, on hard pack they worked great. I really liked the mxr4's for rougher sandier tracks, but they only come in 19'x9 rears are 70$ a piece and wear faster than any other tire ive tried.

Razr Cross
  • Developed specifically for ATV motocross.
  • Ideal choice for hard to intermediate track conditions.
  • Angled tread knobs on rear tire provide excellent traction while allowing controlled slides for cornering.
  • Front tire provides precise steering and improved braking.
  • 4-ply rating.
Mxr4's
  • An excellent handling sport tire used by many top racers.
  • Features stiffened knob and carcass designed specifically to handle the torque of today's big four strokes.
  • The 19" is the ultimate setup for rougher, sandier tracks.
  • 2-ply rating.

·
Registered
14,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Well, I race on hardpack :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,788 Posts
The rear's razr cross's are not the best, but I've run the front on various terrain's and the are the best I've used to date I love um. They go where you point them.

·
Registered
14,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
The rear's razr cross's are not the best, but I've run the front on various terrain's and the are the best I've used to date I love um. They go where you point them.
What he said

21 - 36 of 36 Posts