Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
14,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ride mx in Indiana. Most tracks are pretty hard packed, get hard like a rock and very rough after a few races especially after the dirtbikes ride it. Right now I use holeshot MXR6's which I didn't really care for.

Would the razr crosses be a good tire for me? Or is there something that i'd be better off with? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
28,669 Posts
I think they would be better than Mohawks :blackeye:

·
Registered
344 Posts
I love the cross fronts, they seem to bite better than the regular razr mx fronts IMO.

·
Registered
14,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How do they wear compared to mxr6's or razr mx's?

·
Registered
4,788 Posts
There are the best front tires I've used, better then the razer fronts, klaw's, holeshot fronts, & sx fronts IMO. Ane seem to where good too.

·
Registered
547 Posts
We ran the Cross all last race season and done a test review on these tires and I cant say enough good thing about these tires. I would say for fronts the Cross and the Klaws are by far our favorite on all our quads.

·
Registered
4,788 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Quadjunkies @ Jan 6 2009, 12:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
We ran the Cross all last race season and done a test review on these tires and I cant say enough good thing about these tires. I would say for fronts the Cross and the Klaws are by far our favorite on all our quads.[/b]

Ya me too, the klaw's are a great front tire but I like the cross's alittle more and they cost the same if I remember.

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
Yep, i would agree. I've ran the Klaw fronts and the Cross fronts and loved them both. Compared to the standard mx fronts from ITP and Maxxis, they lasted longer too

·
Registered
14,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Alright sweet i'll be getting the cross fronts. What about the rears, how are they? I actually am selling my HiPers and getting new ones so I need new rears also

·
Registered
4,788 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (NWI_#73 @ Jan 6 2009, 10:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Alright sweet i'll be getting the cross fronts. What about the rears, how are they? I actually am selling my HiPers and getting new ones so I need new rears also[/b]

I have never run the rear cross's but from what I have read and heard the regular razr rear/ razr cross front is the best tire combo there is.

·
Registered
547 Posts
For longivity, the Cross might not last as long as the Razr MX, but performance wise, we think they are as good if not better depending on the type of terrain. We done a Maxxis tire review for Maxxis in 2007 in Atvsport as we tested on my kids minis and also ran them on our 450 and got soem extensive time on several types of terrain to get a good fell for the tires and the results we got out of the tires was its incredible on hard pack,they come out of the corners alot harder ,they remind me abit of a old turf tamer in a way. The Razr Mx cuts loosee abit easier than the cross,in loamy track I would prefer the Razr MX.IT all depends on the terrain but you will most liekly be happy with either tire,we try to keep a few dif. varieties on hand because of that.
We are eager to try the IMX's but the weather has been so crappy we havent had an opportunity to run them yet.
Hope that helps.
Tina

·
Registered
14,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm not too too concerned about longevity but thank you for the post! I'm pretty convinced i'll be getting the razr cross's all around for this year

·
Premium Member
4,723 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (NWI_#73 @ Jan 8 2009, 06:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I'm not too too concerned about longevity but thank you for the post! I'm pretty convinced i'll be getting the razr cross's all around for this year[/b]
I've talked to a few people before that said the fronts were sick but the rears sucked. Their preferred combination was the Cross Fronts and Yellow label rears from Maxxis.

·
Registered
14,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

·
Registered
266 Posts
the rears look terrible, i would never run them for mx! just dont seem to good by pics. but hell i dunno. i wont change from the razors.

·
Registered
547 Posts
To each there own,everyone will have there own preference likes and dislikes ,no one person will like all the same tire, thats why we have choices. lol
I remember when just about everyone I knew ran holeshots- I HATED holeshots on my quad, I liked nothing about them and found the Kenda klaws a much more suitable tire,but thats just me. :p
We found them to work very well. All our Maxxis tires work very well for dif. applications. The only way to find out if you like them is to just by a set and try them! :D

·
Registered
14,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Any other opinions on the rears? I'm pretty sure that i've decided I'll try all 4 and see how I like them.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Rears are ok for loamy conditions but aren't that great on the hard pack stuff. The yellow or orange label razrs are 10x better in the hard pack. Don't know if I'd get the rears or not but it's up to you. I tried a set cause they were free lol. I wouldn't buy another set of cross rears, but I would buy a set of yellow or orange labels in a heart beat! That help your decision?

·
Registered
14,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gimp419 @ Jan 9 2009, 10:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Rears are ok for loamy conditions but aren't that great on the hard pack stuff. The yellow or orange label razrs are 10x better in the hard pack. Don't know if I'd get the rears or not but it's up to you. I tried a set cause they were free lol. I wouldn't buy another set of cross rears, but I would buy a set of yellow or orange labels in a heart beat! That help your decision?[/b]
Yeah Chase thanks for the input. My tracks are definetely NOT loamy. The yellow labels are the harder ones .. right?

Well s**t, now I know I want the cross fronts and now the rears are a toss up. What is THE BEST rear tire for moderate hardpack? Should I stick with MXR6's or give the yellow labels a try?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts