Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm doing a top end rebuild and my piston and cylinder are messed so i need new everything. What cylinder should I use? There are kits on eBay that have a Athena Cylinder, CP piston thats 13:1 and a Athena Gasket kit. Would this be reliable? And can I run pump gas with that piston? I only do riding around with my friends and will load hours on to this thing so I want something that will last long. THANK YOU!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
One more thing. I can't go oem anything because I'm in Canada and parts take like 3 months to get here. And shipping is through the roof.

·
Super Moderator
1,266 Posts
You could probably get away with highest octane at the pump with the Athena and 13.1 however you will have to make sure your not running into predet. I ran Athena and it seems to be a good cylinder CP pistons are great.

·
Registered
6 Posts
So I'm doing a top end rebuild and my piston and cylinder are messed so i need new everything. What cylinder should I use? There are kits on eBay that have a Athena Cylinder, CP piston thats 13:1 and a Athena Gasket kit. Would this be reliable? And can I run pump gas with that piston? I only do riding around with my friends and will load hours on to this thing so I want something that will last long. THANK YOU!
I had good luck with the Athena kit, my kit I believe came with a j.e. Position. I had the 493 big bore. No issues Whatsoever.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts