Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner

Weak Frame On Ltr's

2K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  fastdrmr 
#1 ·
i was readin a dirtwheels mag and there was an article about the robots at suzuki not completing a weld somewhere has anyone had any broblems wit this yet, is it anything majore to worry about?

#2 ·
i was readin a dirtwheels mag and there was an article about the robots at suzuki not completing a weld somewhere has anyone had any broblems wit this yet, is it anything majore to worry about?
[/b]
Welcome to the site.....

check out the --- Offical Suzuki Recall --- pinned in the "important info." forum.
If yours needs the work --- YES it is VERY important to get it done.

Good Luck

#7 ·
Even for those of you with the newer serial number... have you taken the time to remove the swing arm assembly and checked the inside of the infamous weld... it wasn't done on mine even though the outside was welded all the way around. It was the very first mod we did...

You may want to have a professional look at it if you don't know exactly where to look and you ride / race it hard.

#9 ·
Mine was in the recal but my dad looked at it and it'f fine plus it would've aleady broke by now since i ride pretty hard.

#10 ·
Mine was in the recal but my dad looked at it and it'f fine plus it would've aleady broke by now since i ride pretty hard.
[/b]
if yours was in the recall then you should bring it in and get it welded. if its your bike why dont you look at it yourself? instead of your dad. how does your dad know its "fine".. not trying to start nothing but if you ride hard and go big then it could break and if it was me and my luck it would be at the worst time possible....

#12 ·
Well my dad has been a mechanic and experienced welder for awhile now and if i does break, NEW FRAME for me.

#14 ·
Well my dad has been a mechanic and experienced welder for awhile now and if i does break, NEW FRAME for me.
[/b]
So he knows exactly where to look? I would take it into a machine shop or a place that knows what the issue is. The irony here is that it takes a good look to save your bacon and you are not convincing anyone.

I will explain one more time. The weld that is visible by simply getting under the quad may have been fixed by reprogramming the robot. The weld I am talking about is only seen by removing the swing arm only to find that the round piece is not welded where it is coming in direct contact with the swing arm, that's the key. Get a professional to look at that because I highly doubt that it has been resolved.

Again, just trying to help you and others.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.