Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I would let everyone know, we are taking out the homepage, links page, possibly the gallery since there is no use for it. Typing in LTR450HQ.com and KFX450HQ.com will bring you straight to the forum. We are not sure about the QOTM and POTM contests yet but we are thinking about making it an announcement every month since there will be no homepage.

Also in the next month are two we will be switching both sites to dedicated servers to help with the heavy amounts of traffic and cpu errors. In the mean time taking out the gallery, other pages, and updating the forum should help with the cpu errors for now.

·
Premium Member
28,671 Posts
Why not just close down the hole KFX site,,, nobody will miss the three posts per day

it was funny when I almost won QOTM by default.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Yes hahaha.

And I assume if all this is going away then when we move to a dedicated server it will come back? Also how far did you get with changing the banner, maybe we could make that qod?

·
Registered
5,422 Posts
The forum itsself (in reference to what he said here) would not change. It's the home page and content looking at an edit.

As for QOTM/POTM i would just integrate them into the forum header in place of the logo, or in addition to it. Making a flash header for this site would be easy, and the software allows it pretty seamlessly. Just add a tiny button, link, etc that allows each user to stop the replay.

I would put the flash movie in that scrolls the winners images just like on the home page, and put a link or button for "Close" when clicked would flash over the the main logo, and remain static. Base it on the users session id for control and your off to the races.

Theres alot of DB side tweaks you can make using phpmyadmin that will make this place faster as well. For example myISAM. Cycle out old attachments that arent of any value. Run a cleanup script (if its not built in i cant recall) that erases all the pointless threads over say a year old excluding the how to reference forums. If you have a moderator board, clean it up. Some forums use a "trash board" where all deleted or moderator deleted topics archive too. If you do, clean it out. Delete all accounts not logged in for 1.5-2 years. Erase all accounts never logged into or no posts for (at a year old, no posts that is) and so on.

Alot of the cleanup can be automated with a simple php script.

If ya need help u know how to find me

·
Registered
5,422 Posts
Can we inplement the WAP feature for the board?

·
Registered
5,422 Posts
WAP so i can whore from the BB

·
Registered
14,129 Posts
You cant post from your BB?

·
Registered
5,422 Posts
i CAN but it means navigating the site as it appears on a computer, which is a PITA with all the big f'n sigs and stuff. WAP is made for the phones and is easier and faster

1 - 11 of 11 Posts