Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so I've been fighting this thing for months. Here's my issue(s).
When you start it up about half the time It doesn't want to start. Once you do get it started about half the time it doesn't Rev at all. Just dies when you give it gas, on top of this it is VERY rich. It will make your eyes water at idle. And it'll idle all day really
What I've checked/done/replaced
Swirl filter delete.
Fuel pump/filter
FPR
Fuel pressure right at 42
New injector, OEM
Intake and exhaust valves dead in middle of spec
Hot Start Delete
Have cleaned whole TB
New starter
TPS in spec
What mods I have.
Full Dasa exhaust with open air box with uni filter. Stage 2 cams
I also just ordered a TPS today just to mark it off the list of a potential problem but I don't think that that is it

To expand on my issues also the "Idle" screw doesn't have much effect. When you start it up it idles really high but turn it in and all the sudden the idle drops so low it almost dies. No gradual decrease just boom. And I think it dying is it dumping so much fuel at once it floods itself in an instant
I have searched ALOT of forums and none of them describe exactly the range of issues I'm having nor have fixed them. I've done mostly everything I can without buying a whole new fuel system and I'm still not certain that's where my problem lies.
I am at a loss and I don't want to pay a mechanic 100 bucks an hour for them to stare at it. I built my YFZ from the ground up into a race bike but this FI is almost beyond me. But I'm not giving up yet. Any suggestions? I will reply to questions I just want to figure this thing out

·
Super Moderator
1,230 Posts
How did you check fuel pressure? Just at idle you should be checking to make sure its not dropping when you try and rev it.

As for being rich I am not sure what you mean is there a programmer on it? A cheery bomb?

Sounds like the TPS or TB is acting up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How did you check fuel pressure? Just at idle you should be checking to make sure its not dropping when you try and rev it.

As for being rich I am not sure what you mean is there a programmer on it? A cheery bomb?

Sounds like the TPS or TB is acting up.
I had a PCV on it but I sent it away to be tested. And I have since reset factory ECU multiple times. Like I said I ordered a TPS but I have a feeling it may not be it. And as for fuel pressure it stays consistent throughout Rev range... when it does rev. Even stays at 42 when it dies

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had a PCV on it but I sent it away to be tested. And I have since reset factory ECU multiple times. Like I said I ordered a TPS but I have a feeling it may not be it. And as for fuel pressure it stays consistent throughout Rev range... when it does rev. Even stays at 42 when it dies
Also T line from regulator to injector with gauge

1 - 4 of 4 Posts