Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Uh-oh...

3K views 58 replies 18 participants last post by  MXQuadRacer 
#1 ·
my brother ordered a set of standard travel +2 a-arms(EPIC) and they finally got here today. We opened the box and they looked awesome. As soon as I picked them up I noticed that they had that "gullwing" style on the lower a-arm, so I said to him "Ive never seen standard travel a-arms with this gullwing style, I thought only Long Travel A-arms had that. Anyways he ignored me and put them on his kfx rite away! after they were installed, we stepped back to look at them and realized that it was a lot higher(the quad was off the ground) then the stock set-up. So anyways he called the guy over at golden west cycle, and gave him the serial number on the box, they guy said "yea, those the epic +2 LONG TRAVEL! a-arms, which are worth 800$ US. Anyways he kept his mouth shut about how they sent him the wrong ones, because he knows he can make a profit on them. Anyways here are the pics, and hes just wondering what will happen if he rides with these a-arms, with standard travel shocks(450r shocks) He is selling them forsure to buy standard travels, but we are going riding this weekend, and he needs to know if they will be TOTAL SHIT! or if they will be alright for ONE ride. Well tell me what you guys think about that story, and what you think he should do.

See less See more
#3 ·
WALLY, WALLY ..... let me get this straight ......

You have a KFX 400 with Long Travel +2 arms and stock 450r shocks......

and you have to ask ???? :huh:

#4 ·
Words defy...oh what the hell...

WALLACE!...

YOU

ARE

KILLING

ME!!!!!

I can only imagine that there are quads all over this planet that are thinking to themselves...

"Thank god I didn't get shipped to Canada"

Now quit molesting those bikes you possess and just ride them for Pete's sakes... :angry:

#5 ·
Wally,
If you are going to screw the company and sell them to make a profit. I suggest you don't use them at all. It will be alot easier to sell them brand new. But, I am going to go out on a limb here. You will use them this weekend...and a few more times after that. Then you are not going to make much of a profit. What I would do is keep the long travel arms, and save for long travel shocks.

#6 ·
To me they dont look LT. Look at the spindle inclination and also the degree or which each arm is at. They are the same angles and the inclination looks the same in the photo. The shock mounts also look the same. Most LT arms are more towards the spindle, and a DVX, Z, KFX will usually run a 18.25ish shock for LT arms.

#7 ·
they dont look like LT to me...but if they are LT then id just keep em and get shocks...the ride quality is worth the couple extra hundred for shocks

#8 ·
well my brother would keep them and just buy long travel shocks, but they are only +2's, which he says if he ever went long travel, he would go with +3's. He doesnt feel like spending 800$ on LT shocks, set-up for +2 a-arms, and then decide he wants to go to +3's. And yea, he's decided do not ride on them this weekend, put them back in the box they came in, and just put them up for sale. You guys are all thinking that its my quad or something arernt you? its actually my brothers, so I dont have anything to do with it, dont complain.

#9 ·
Damn Wally, I honestly believe you could screw up a one float parade. Just remember what comes around goes around so who-doing this company may come back and bite you in the a$$. You mess with these quads more than a death row inmate would mess with a room full of Hooters girls. If it's not broke, don't fix it or at least know what you're doing before attempting something.

#10 ·
its actually my brothers, so I dont have anything to do with it, dont complain.
[/b]

.....it's all in good fun, you just keep giving us great things to mess with.

we all know.....

AL is going to give us some great EFI info.
FUEL is going to keep us up on the new chit
JUNKIE is gonna wise crack
and
WALLY is gonna be involved with some f### up --that we can poke fun at.

Actually.... what I would like to do is..... commend you on always being a good sport about.

#11 ·
lol I obviously know you guys are just joking around man. My brother ordered a set of +2 standard travels, and he go +2 LONG TRAVELS, so I dont see how you guys think I screwed up? The company actually screwed up, and now my bro is going to try and make some money because of their screw up. This was the first set of aftermarket a-arms we've ever seen, so we didnt realize they were the wrong ones until we were done installing them,lol.

#12 ·
Wally...it's all in good fun... :lol:

but yea...your killing me :(

#13 ·
lol Im killing you eh? I show you a pic of a kfx400(not even mine, my brothers) and just because golden west cycle sent me the wrong part, it is killing you? how about you just dont reply anymore in here. all you have to say is "WORDS DEFY ME" and "WALLY, YOUR KILLING ME"

#20 ·
you dont think so eh 31crewcheif? I work full time in the damn summer JUST to pay for my quad, I am almost done paying for it now actually. Like I have said MANY times before....IM NOT THE ONE SCREWING GOLDEN WEST CYCLE OVER, ITS MY BROTHER!!! I didnt order the a-arms, didnt pay for them, didnt install them and didnt screw them over! if you really think hes a "dishonest person" well I guess he should go to church this sunday and and "say his sins" haha rite guys, is that what you want him to do. lol Like you guys have never lied, telling me that hes "dishonest". w/e guys, if a company that big screws up one order, I dont really think its a big deal. think what you want to think, but I say close this topics before Fuel and 31crewcheif have a god damn fit!

#21 ·
I am not having a fit ..... READ what i said above. I gave you my opinion and thats it. Here is a fact for others that read this thread because i know you wont listen ...... DO NOT RIDE YOU BIKE WITH LONG SHOCK A-ARMS AND STANDARD LENGTH SHOCKS. first jump or whoop you hit will smoke those a-arms. Those photos are the ones i want to see......post ride photos. Now if your just riding on flat ground maybe they will work. Screw GWC i dont care its your bro's deal. I just said i would not do it, and if i did i would not want my bro to BLAB his mouth about it on the internet.

FUELATV

#22 ·
ok well thank you then fuel, he is not going to ride this weekend then, he will just have to wait till he sells these a-arms, and gets standard travel ones. Thanks for your help man and sorry for being an ass, I just thought you were trying to start shit, but your rite, theres no way standard travel shocks would work with long travel a-arms.

#23 ·
I am glad you managed to work full time for a whole summer. I still think you shouldn't get on here like you are helping your bro screw vendors over. Could bite you in th butt sometime. I am not going to have a fit. Little kids like you aren't worth getting upset over. Sounds like you are about to have one, though.

#24 ·
How old is this kid? Wow you work all summer to pay for your bike, what about the other 9 months out of the year? Three days ehh; would you be willing to wait three days for a refund? Notice how at the beginning I said kid, thats because a man will take care of his duty and explain the mishap to the business as soon as he realizes it was wrong. Thats just the way men conduct business. You're killing me too, everytime I look on here I have to refrain from posting because seriously is it even humanly possible for someone to be this stupid?

Wait does this kid have a new ltr (he shouldn't), right? I figure the bike has been out what, like 6 months 8 months tops, and this peon has already managed to nearly pay off a $8000.00 dollar bike in almost two months. Damn whats the pay rate in Canada; I'll definitely be moving there.

#25 ·
I got it 2 months ago...I sold my almost brand new banshee and put that as a down payment, working for 2 months straight, I have made 2 grand, so 6000$(what I sold my banshee for)+2000(what I made this summer) =8000$, my LTR came to $10,500 everything included, and my dad is helping me out a bit, so like I said, ITS ALMOST PAYED FOR! you think im stupid, I just prooved my facts to your ass, and prooved that I own an ltr and am paying for almost all of it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.