Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello!

A few months ago I brought home a stock 06 ltr in pretty good shape.. my brother at the time was riding a trx 450 and began to like the ltr to the point of selling his trx. Long story short, he sold his trx for a good price and picked up a very used and kind of beat up ltr for a ridiculously low price. His has race tech suspension all around, dominator II axle, steering stabilizer, decent nerfs, and a few other goodies. The mods it has are literally worth twice as much as the bike. Anyways.. since his was beat up we decided to tear it down to the frame and do a complete refresh. We then decided that it wouldn't be fair to only refresh one bike and not the other right? So we decided to tear both bikes down and completely rebuild them both. Both bikes will be getting everything cleaned, powder coated, or painted. Both bikes will be getting a fresh motor. I love to see people's rebuild threads so I thought i'd share. Enjoy!

Mod list/color scheme

My bike:
neon yellow/cream soda blue
krazy graphics #21
JE 13.5:1
hotcam
pro design intake
motoworks sr4/powerbomb exhaust
pcV
roll design nerf bars

Brothers bike
white/blood red
krazy graphics #454
JE 13.5:1
hotcam
Race tech suspension
Dominator II
pc3
AC nerf Bars

Here's what we started with..

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Brothers bike was torn down first..

here they are side by side

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
And then mine..

·
Registered
152 Posts
:rockwoot:Nevermind the builds on the bikes...Check out that long travel rail in the background! Sweet garage full of toys! No, but seriously, looking forward to the progress on the LTR's also. :rockwoot:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks! yes the rail is a very fun toy.. Got both bikes sent off to powdercoat and just picked them up yesterday, we got a killer deal. As always, the pictures don't do the job justice. The yellow has a much more vibrante greenish look in person.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
made some progress..

·
Registered
152 Posts
Powdercoating came out nicely. Those builds are looking good!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks! I'm very happy with how the colors turned out

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Got mine all finished up this weekend.. just waiting on a few minor things to get the other bike done. Both started up and ran strong, will try to get them to a dyno as soon as we can. I'm very happy with how they turned out

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
that neon yellow and blue has to be my favorite looking ltr I have seen on this forum. Very nice build

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks! It was a lot of fun. I wanted something that would look good and stand out at glamis or at the track

·
Registered
72 Posts
Wow.. I have never been much of a fan of lots of color and stuff mine is just black and white.... But those both look awesome!!

·
Registered
90 Posts
That white one looks excellent great color scheme. How much did the powder coating run you? Im considering doing the same thing. I want my frame swing arm, a arms rims hubs handle bars and stem done.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Thanks guys! We got a good deal on powder coat, it cost us about $250 per quad for sandblast and powder. The price we got was really cheap, it just depends on where your at.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Thats a great price. If i find a shop that does it that cheap in sacramento CA then ill probably end up powder coating it.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Go for it, you'll like how it turns out

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks! that's a good question! I'm not sure how much they used.. But it's a lot of neon yellow.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'll try and ask him for ya

1 - 20 of 30 Posts