Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just put new piston and rings valves and springs in my 08 ltr last night. After I put the motor together I put some oil in it and did a compression test. The test was at 120 psi and the engine had no problem turning over. This morning i finished putting it all back together but when i went to start it it will hardly turn over and is acting almost like the battery is dead. Getting ready now to tear it down again and look for something I did wrong any suggestions?

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
Check the torque on your cam caps! Also cranking compression above 110-115 will cause issues. Do some research on heating and bending the decompression mechanism if you don’t find anything out of place elsewhere.

·
Registered
8 Posts
So I just put new piston and rings valves and springs in my 08 ltr last night. After I put the motor together I put some oil in it and did a compression test. The test was at 120 psi and the engine had no problem turning over. This morning i finished putting it all back together but when i went to start it it will hardly turn over and is acting almost like the battery is dead. Getting ready now to tear it down again and look for something I did wrong any suggestions?
did you end up figuring out your issue?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts