Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im gonna take my ltr on the trails for the first time. How muvh gas should I expect to use? Planning on 100+ miles. It cb'd and I ride aggresively
Thanks

·
Registered
544 Posts
Make sure and fill it up all the way. 100 miles is quite a distance but I've never actually kept track. I race X/C and we typically can go around 50 miles (12 mile lap x 4 laps) before needing to refuel.

Where in Wisc are you going to ride?

·
Registered
446 Posts
Im gonna take my ltr on the trails for the first time. How muvh gas should I expect to use? Planning on 100+ miles. It cb'd and I ride aggresively
Thanks
thats a huge stretch, bring extra fuel. If you frequently ride long distance, an ims tank would be a wise investment.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Marionette county. I know I won't get 100 miles on one tank, just wondering about some of the longer stretches. I haven't ridden these trails but was planning on a couple extra gallons

·
Registered
544 Posts
My parents had a lake home in Pembine which I believe is in that same county. If so, we used to ride snowmobiles but I never rode bikes or quads. Have fun!

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
On my ims tank I can get around 60 miles, ATP stage 3 with a pc3. On the stock tank with stock motor I think I got around 40.....I think. If your going to be doing this alot I would definately get a ims tank or have someone carry gas for you. Our desert tracks are around 35-50 miles a lap, 1 to 2 laps before fuel, and usually do 100 to 200 miles a race. Also if your going by yourself make sure you have a phone and someone knows where you're at. Being in the boonies and busted up sux, been there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts