Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey
I can’t figure out the connection between BAR, psi and kPa. And when I looked at my pump at home, to get the correct tire pressure on my new LTR, I got even more confused.
At the gas station I fill my car tires with 2.8 BAR, so it don’t make sense that the pressure on the quad is so low (it almost flat).

Please help me figure this out, so I can get the correct tire pressure on my new LTR.
Thanks
Marc

·
Registered
38 Posts
well I cant give yoout the difference information, but I can tell you that if you ride MX, you would want to run about 10psi in all four tires, this keeps sidewall flex down in cornering hard. If you trail ride I would still run 10psi in the fronts, but only about 5 to 6 in the rears. If you ride in the sand, the numbers are usually a lil lower than that. Hope this helps you out.

·
Premium Member
28,672 Posts

·
Premium Member
28,672 Posts
you need to set your tires to .45 bar. You should have received a psi gauge with your new LTR if it is PSI set it to 6.5 psi. The gauge you show is not accurate for setting low psi ATV tires.

and the added link is over pressured

·
Premium Member
28,672 Posts
you need to set your tires to .45 bar. You should have received a psi gauge with your new LTR if it is PSI set it to 6.5 psi. The gauge you show is not accurate for setting low psi ATV tires.

and the added link is over pressured

you removed it,, :rolleyes1:

·
Premium Member
28,672 Posts
1 bar = 14.5 psi

I know this ain't true in PA.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the response.
I just got the machine, but in the future i will ride MX, so lets say 10 psi.
But compared to the pressure on my car (red) is the pressure on the quad (green) very low. Is this true?

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
yeah....you can't compare a car to a quad.
car about 35psi quad is 6.5psi

1 - 13 of 13 Posts