Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got a new motor and was in the process of removing my old one when i got to the part of removing the throttle body. I went to remove the fast idle cable / choke cable / starter cable (what ever its called) from the throttle body. Yes I am the guy who has had the fast idle cable wrapped up taped and zip tied under the hood for the last ten years.

The 14mm plastic cap, the cable and the spring all came out and left the brass starter valve in the throttle body with one of the brass ears broke off. I let it sit in penetrating oil for a while, tried pulling on it, using a flat head to twist it, used an impact screw driver, drilled a hole through the middle - repeated everything above and used a tap which decided to break off.

I was going to replace the fast idle cable with a screw any ways..... does the brass starter valve need to be able to move (it obviously hasn't been) or can i put the spring back, tap and screw the 14mm black plastic cap, leave the starter valve in place and be done?

Any help would be great! Thank you

Cody

Attachments

·
Premium Member
28,672 Posts
Same here, I made sure the passage was blocked with some brake clean then filled up the threaded part up with JB Weld.

·
Registered
2006 Suzuki LTR 450
9 Posts
Don't want to start a new thread as my issue is also throttle body problem. I bought a 06 LTR and the previous owner installed an extended adjusting screw on the side of the throttle body that adjust the butterfly valve. I saw that the standard throttle body has a bolt that is locked with a nut, preventing any easy adjustments to be made to the butterfly valve. So, my thought is that now the idling was adjusted by this screw which in turn made the TPS sensor to be out of spec.

I would like to get things back to spec and would like to know what the small gap inside of the throttle body valve needs to be or if there is any advise on how to adjust this valve to standard spec before adjusting the TPS sensor to spec.

Any help will be appreciated thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts