Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anybody tell me the benefits of doing the swirl filter delete and switching to an in line fuel filter? What if you did the delete and never put an in line filter in?

·
Registered
12 Posts
You wouldn’t want to do that. It’s a fuel injected quad. You would clog up the injector. I just did the delete myself today. I wasn’t going to at first but in the end I did. I ended up running a rather big automotive style metal one with a 10 micron filtration. I completely removed the filter assembly and used a T-fitting. My thought process with the bigger filter was it would hold more fuel like the stock one did so it wouldn’t ever starve the pump. It’s cheap to replace at $6 as well as easy to get to.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You wouldn’t want to do that. It’s a fuel injected quad. You would clog up the injector. I just did the delete myself today. I wasn’t going to at first but in the end I did. I ended up running a rather big automotive style metal one with a 10 micron filtration. I completely removed the filter assembly and used a T-fitting. My thought process with the bigger filter was it would hold more fuel like the stock one did so it wouldn’t ever starve the pump. It’s cheap to replace at $6 as well as easy to get to.
Thank you! We just cleaned the fuel injector out of the ‘06 we got this week so I was curious when I started reading about the swirl filter delete! I think we’ll do the same. I appreciate your input.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts