Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so, ive had my LTR for 4yrs and now i began to see issues with rough starting so i decided to go and splurge and spend 49 dollars on the swirl filter !
i figured out how and where it is after making a mess with gas everywhere and replaced the spark plug too since i hadnt done it ever ... and put it back together when i noticed a slow leak from the swiirl filter unit... dang it ! so i started to think?? do i need to replace the tiny gasket ? is that why ? has anyone taken it off and on and not leaked.

any help would be nice.thanks everyone.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I changed mine with no problems. The o-ring gasket could be bad or not seated properly

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yea, that was it.. made a gas mess and had to buy the 22 dollar o-ring. i would suggest changing it always.

but, after new swirl filter, and spark plug.. i have the same problem.. its hard to start - it does but i have to give it gas for about 5-10seconds and it goes - runs rough too.. idk what to do next, maybe its time to find someone to do the valves..... shoooottt !

·
Premium Member
2,810 Posts
Yeah check and/or adjust valves.....if thats good I'd check the compression if thats low you may need to look at the cylinder plating. Then if thats bad get the cylinder replated with a fresh piston+ rings.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Somebody should have read my post in the "how to" section...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts