Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I have a 06 ltr 450 an itll start an idle just fine but soon as I give it gas to ride it starts bogging an backfiring idk what it could be changed the injector out already was told fuel pump or tps but wanted to see if someone else has had the problem was really hoping to not have to buy a 280$ fuel pump lol got race in 2 weeks need to fix it

·
Registered
18 Posts
Im no pro, but heres my "help" haha
Ok first step: Clean all fuel filters (Swirl, and Fuel pump) out with brake cleaner to get all dirt out then use compressed air to LIGHTLY dry it out.
2. Check fuel pressure regulator, make sure it's in the right spec for psi.
3. Check for any air leaks or any unhooked hoses or wires.
4. Clean injector and throttle body, also make sure if you have the "Choke" blocked off that the plunger is sealing in the throttle body properly.
5. If none of hat works chances are your gonna have to get the fuel pump or mess with your tps... It sounds like its running lean.
Hope you figure it out!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im no pro, but heres my "help" haha
Ok first step: Clean all fuel filters (Swirl, and Fuel pump) out with brake cleaner to get all dirt out then use compressed air to LIGHTLY dry it out.
2. Check fuel pressure regulator, make sure it's in the right spec for psi.
3. Check for any air leaks or any unhooked hoses or wires.
4. Clean injector and throttle body, also make sure if you have the "Choke" blocked off that the plunger is sealing in the throttle body properly.
5. If none of hat works chances are your gonna have to get the fuel pump or mess with your tps... It sounds like its running lean.
Hope you figure it out!
I appreciate it I’ll try it all after work

·
Registered
2006 Ltr450
11 Posts
Had the same problem it was the swirl bowl filter clogged, doing it again... Got spots of gray looking jelly in my ims gas tank. Not sure if the fuel lines are melting from the inside or sticker glue soaking into the tank. I'm using vp 94 non ethanol. Hopefully It'll be an easy fix for ya.

·
Registered
2006 Ltr450
11 Posts
I kept the swirl bowl , sucks cause the filters are expensive, but it needs to be filtered to the correct micron rating cause it is fuel injected, some guys get rid of it and put an inline filter on, I think earls makes one you can buy of summit racing

1 - 7 of 7 Posts