Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered a set of Fox Float Evols the other day for the LTR. I am having second doubts though. I may cancel them ang go with the Axis Piggyback Titanium springs. Anybody have any experience witht he Foxs? Are they any good?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Everyone that has ever run them said they were the greatest shocks ever rode on. Natile won with the, so they are not crap.

·
Registered
584 Posts
i would def go with the fox evols! all ive heard is good things about them! for 1200 i dont think you can go wrong with them

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have heard from a very reputable source that the evols are a great concept and actually a great shock if they can be dialed in correctly. However, the same source, who is a pro rider and shock builder and has worked extensively with fox has also warned that they are incredibly difficult to truly get dialed in. Fox had a representative travel with Natalie at every single race last year to fine tune the shocks. This persons advice was to consider other shock options until the air shock technology has been ironed out a little better for use in the general public. But then again, who knows. I'll probably be going with a more traditional spring over shock for now. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
550 Posts
I have the fox rear shock with the Walsh linkage installed on mine, and it is an excellent setup.

As for the fronts I havent tried them, but anyone who rides them, swears that they will never ride another type of shock.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I run the Float X on my sled.... it's the hard hits, they no longer exist. A full set will find it's way on to my King.

·
Registered
3 Posts
hey can you tell me how much they were on your sled? and if there one size fits all or are they specail fit? i have a 2001 mxz and the stock suspension just bottom out to fast.

thanx

1 - 8 of 8 Posts