Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts
Thanks man, tons of help there. I'm going try getting my stock suspension correct. I have been bottoming out a lot lately, wih gear i'm about 185. I plan to do some GNCC next summer, so I may look into at least some revalves by then, but for now I don't have the cash.

Thanks again

Alright boys one more question. So when I read this they are talking about high and low speed compression. So the clicks with the flat head screw driver, but how do I adjust the low speed, is it the 12 mm nut that is outstide of the part that i put the flat head. Sorry if I'm not understandable I'm completely new to the suspensions stuff.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Tyler25 @ Jan 20 2007, 02:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Okay!... I posted this up for lemon but I know not everybody wants to read his posts!! :lol: :p .... Anyway, this is a good article that I ran across last year and I figured I'd post it up for all to see! This should help out with some questions or wonders that alot of you may have![/b]

hey how do i download he file???????

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (eldog263 @ Nov 30 2008, 02:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
The file that Tyler posted isn't working. If you just copy the article that Al Elks posted you can paste it into notepad or word and save it to your computer and print it out...[/b]

Thnxs . Also as far as settings fir the stock shocks. Im 225 lbs and have been using the "standard" settings for com and reb. Any suggestions. UI know that it depends omn riding style and so forth buit at least I might have something to start out with. Thnxs

I'm having problems adjusting my shocks. For the front in order to have 10% free sag which would be 1 inch, I needed to turn the preload 18 turns in. It doesn't seem right to me. My front is now a lot higher. I know that this is just free ride sag and that rider sag is more important but if I want to change the preload to lower the bike then the sag would go off? And to have 30% of rider sag or 3 inches, then I would have to change free sag to achive the correct rider sag?

Maybe I just don't understand it properly or I'm missing something or doing it wrong. If someone could clarify this for me I would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks!

I'm having problems adjusting my shocks. For the front in order to have 10% free sag which would be 1 inch, I needed to turn the preload 18 turns in. It doesn't seem right to me. My front is now a lot higher. I know that this is just free ride sag and that rider sag is more important but if I want to change the preload to lower the bike then the sag would go off? And to have 30% of rider sag or 3 inches, then I would have to change free sag to achive the correct rider sag?

Maybe I just don't understand it properly or I'm missing something or doing it wrong. If someone could clarify this for me I would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks!
When free sag and rider sag cannot be achieved simultaneously it's an indication that the spring rate is not correct for the rider weight. Rider sag is IMO is the measurement you should be concerned with if you can't get both within one setting. The only way to get both is to have the correct spring rate.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.