Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is the deal, I'm about 220 lbs. riding stock suspension. Just a weekend rider, mostly dunes but I'm starting to jump more and bigger. Suspension feels awesome but the larger I go the more it bottoms out. Can my suspension handle it by adjusting it? If so, any suggestions? If not, any upgrades that won't kill my wallet? Found dual rate kit for front on ebay, any feedback on it?
:rockwoot:

·
Registered
144 Posts
If your on a budget I would get them re-valved and re-sprung to a dual rate or triple rate. Prob cost you around 300-400 bucks. But I dont know nothing about dunning so you might be able to adjust them to work better for you..

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
I am not sure where you can get a re-spring and re-valve for 300-400, but I guess you can try. You can get a re-valve for $400 maybe. When I got mine done it was around 800. My Noleens are for sale and I have a set of springs for 220, just saying. I will give them to you for 1000 if you send me your stockers.

·
Registered
350 Posts
i have a set of Gold valved and travel mod from race-tech stock fronts i would sell set up for a 210lb guy. i loved them they are a little stiff but its nice when your ripping fast they only feel stiff when you're just riding around PM me if your interested

·
Premium Member
28,672 Posts
Did you try adjusting the high speed dampening?

usually the stock setup is too stiff for most riders.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ordered works triple rate system got some good info from the guy when i ordered over phone very friendly and helpfull waiting on suspension but would highly recomend them just for their customer service alone. have heard good things about this system and the price is right

1 - 7 of 7 Posts