Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the group, so thanks for the add for starters! I have a 2007 ltr 450 that I just recently purchased. I would only kind of somewhat try to start, (cranked reallly slow) so naturally I charged the batter which didn't solve the problem. Bought a new battery which didn't solve it either, so I returned it and bought a $170 battery with 190cca. Still turns over really slow like the starter is dragging. (Had the starter tested and it's fine) I'm new to efi, the battery is charged and it seems to have the injector during. I'm stumped here, any input, help, support, or suggestions is greatly appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
31,830 Posts
Possibly have a mis adjusted on faulty decompression mechanism on the exhaust cam. Pull the spark plug and if it cranks fast then you know where to look. If it still cranks slow, then you have too much resistance in gear train or crank.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looked into it, seems to roll over fine with the plug out, but now it's clickong when I try to start it. I bought a new solenoid (that was what is clicking) with the same results..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.