Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up guys need some help. Just picked up a 07 ltr from a shop that had some problems. After fixing they thought the starter took a crap they replaced still nothing. I replaced the starter clutch same thing just heard something spinning. I come to find out the 4 large gears on the idler gear are spinning and not spinning the small gear on the back. Do these idler gears go bad. I can turn the starter clutch over by hand so it's not locked up or I can bump start it. I can spin all 4 of the idler gears separately. I can spin the. together but it's kinda hard. And yes both washers are in on each side. Please of anyone knows let me known

· Registered
3 Posts
i think you need to replace that gear. the small gear should not spin independently. i havent had a problem with mine but i think that those 4 larger gears are supose to slip or spin freely or breake lose
if the engine is to hard to spin over. Like it being locked up or hydrolocked. And this is a protection so you wont damage anything else when trying to start it. Might be wrong but that is the only reason
i could think of to design it like that

i would also check that the cstarter clutch is working properly you if you turn the gears one it should spin over the egnine and the other way it should spinn freely if it doesnt spinn freely
one way might cause this idler gear to breake.
Here is an image with parts list
Suzuki LT-R450 QUADRACER 2007 Starter Clutch - MSP
number 6 on the image is the starter clutch gear on crankshaft
and it is a one way clutch wich means when you use the starter it spins the engine over
but when the engine starts the gear is static so the engine wont spin over the starter
and if this starter clutch would be locked up so that the engine tries to spin over the starter
i gues that idler gear could breake.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts