Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner

Stalling/Electrical/Starting Issue

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  urinmyway 
#1 ·
OK, I have a 06 Ltr45o.
Heres the problem,
I was riding and all the sudden it stalls out, so i get it back to the shop and jump it, and it runs fine hooked up to jumper cables. So i got a new battery, and it rode fine for about a week of occasional riding, then i go on a ride and it stalls again, so i bought a 2nd battery and it did the same thing just stalled out. The I tried to jump it again and it would not start so i wondering what it could be, I was thinking regulator or starter solenoid. I also was wondering how i could check to see if their is a parasitic draw.
I've checked the stator, and it is charging so i wondered if its possible that it is over charging and if that would effect the four wheeler while riding?

#2 ·
tip over sensor possible? Just put a multimeter on the battery cables when its running and give it about half throttle see what its charging at that will tell you if its a regulator issue that would not affect running though, neither would the starter solenoid. When it dies does it shut off like you hit the kill switch or does it die like its running out of gas

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.