Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I have a 06 Ltr45o.
Heres the problem,
I was riding and all the sudden it stalls out, so i get it back to the shop and jump it, and it runs fine hooked up to jumper cables. So i got a new battery, and it rode fine for about a week of occasional riding, then i go on a ride and it stalls again, so i bought a 2nd battery and it did the same thing just stalled out. The I tried to jump it again and it would not start so i wondering what it could be, I was thinking regulator or starter solenoid. I also was wondering how i could check to see if their is a parasitic draw.
I've checked the stator, and it is charging so i wondered if its possible that it is over charging and if that would effect the four wheeler while riding?

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
tip over sensor possible? Just put a multimeter on the battery cables when its running and give it about half throttle see what its charging at that will tell you if its a regulator issue that would not affect running though, neither would the starter solenoid. When it dies does it shut off like you hit the kill switch or does it die like its running out of gas

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok I will check that and get back to you, it dies like the kill switch was just hit, but when i go to start it back up the battery is dead, so it wont start, could it be over charging?

·
Registered
596 Posts
If its eating batteries it could be overcharging what is charging voltage with a little rpm on it

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
596 Posts
Batteries can cause funny things when they go out could be frying it and causing it to short

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

1 - 6 of 6 Posts