Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, im looking to spray paint some parts Green wandering if anyone has experience in doing this and what the best type/brand of paint is and also any advice generally on do's and don'ts. Cheers :beerchug:

·
Super Moderator
1,264 Posts
just do the right prep work and youll be fine.. i did my z green and it worked out good

·
Registered
483 Posts
Yeah just sand and clean it off well, and spray a few coats and you will be good. I have always used Rustoleum, but I have heard of a lot of people liking Metalcast spray paint which is supposed to be a little better looking than normal spray paint

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
um i want to do some bolt heads, levers, clutch, possibly clutch cover, rear grab bar, front bumper, pegs, and the cover near the bottom of the exhaust pipe not sure what its called ha. Mainly metal parts possibly the battery cover which is the only plastic part. I hear you have to "heat treat" plastic components to remove the release agent in order to get a good bonding.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Make sure that whatever area you are painting that you clean it off super well. Nothing is more annoying then trying to paint something when all of the paint pools away in a speckle pattern.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ha yup i have done that before ! i think Duplicolor Metalcast seems to be the paint to use as it is also heat resistant. Like you said i think 80% of it is good preparation

1 - 8 of 8 Posts