Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok when i first bought the LTR i got all excited and wanted to take it out to the Hassayampa, so i went the the ridenow dealer and asked for paddles sales guy said that the 18" would work really good and id get lots of traction. I hadnt joined the HQ yet and bought them off of his recommendation. they dig in and skid plate bottoms out and a little slow on top end.Now im looking for some new paddles since i have done some research on HQ and i know what size i want (21x12x8-8 paddles). I dont really want to spend another $300 bucks on skats and i found some same size Sand Haulers on ebay. Has anyone tried these knockoff paddles and if so are they anygood.link is below let me know what u guys think please before i get shafted again.

click here

·
Registered
7,547 Posts
the knockoffs suck. and skats should only be about $120 a tire MAX. go to the cycle gear in phoenix, they can order them and shipping will be free. do it right the second and you'll save money in the long run..

and get 6 or 7 paddle extremes, the extreme blades last longer and are more durable then the hauler blades...

·
Registered
788 Posts
looks legit and like a good tire, i don't think you could go wrong with that price! i paid 300 for hauler glider combos w/ wheels. that is really the best set up. but i think those would be good.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
why not the 8 paddle extremes will i need more power

·
Premium Member
2,710 Posts
yes the more paddles you have, the more power you need. most people on here are running 6 or 7

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
about how much for the 8 paddles do u think. the guy i bought it from had dyno sheets 59 and change for hp and i think torque was low 40s. cant remember for sure though on the torque

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
You'll still run over the top of a hill or at the end of a drag strip faster with a 7 paddle...just go with the combo you think is right cause this will prolly turn into a huge debate.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
GO THROUGH FULLERTON SAND SPORTS!!!!!

They can do the Skat Track 21x12x8 Super Light Haulers (The lightest version) for 120 a tire. TRUST ME BUY FROM DAVE AT FULLERTON TELL HIM LOGAN SENT YOU.

·
Registered
142 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Captain Falcon @ Aug 5 2008, 11:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
GO THROUGH FULLERTON SAND SPORTS!!!!!

They can do the Skat Track 21x12x8 Super Light Haulers (The lightest version) for 120 a tire. TRUST ME BUY FROM DAVE AT FULLERTON TELL HIM LOGAN SENT YOU.[/b]
+1^^^ don't waste money and jerk around
http://www.fullertonsandsports.com/

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I don't know if any of you have ridden hassiampa before but its pretty much heavy grain river sand.

Out there they only drag on flats. The desired tire out there on a lightly modded LTR would be a 7 or 8 paddle hauler. Its all about the 300' out there. If you run a 6 paddle out there, you're gonna get killed.

But to answer your question out there a 22x11x8 on an 8x8 or 8x7 rim with an 8 paddle is what I'd go with.

Skat trak is the better tire for out there. The sand hauler won't last with the heavy grain stuff out there.

·
Registered
1 Posts
21 inch haulers will come very close to hitting stock heel guards.even smaller 21's(67 inch rollout).Fullerton sand sports hooked me up with a 20 inch (63 inch rollout) for mine.they work good

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Reason I said go with a 7 paddle is because "I" think it would be easier to re-gear with that paddle plus it could be used anywhere sand is present with better results vs. the 8 paddle...agree with you on size and how grainy the hassy is. IMO

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
If you're going to Hassy with heel guards = not cool ha ha ha

Here is a cheap set worth trying if they stay low:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/skat-trak-p...6.c0.m245.l1318

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (trippleh @ Aug 6 2008, 11:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Reason I said go with a 7 paddle is because "I" think it would be easier to re-gear with that paddle plus it could be used anywhere sand is present with better results vs. the 8 paddle...agree with you on size and how grainy the hassy is. IMO[/b]

yeah I see that too. But in Hassy, you can totally run stock gearing on a 22 or 21" tire if you wanted to.

If you plan on riding other places than go with tht pointed above tire (21x12x8 7 paddle hauler). If you're going to stick with hassy 90% of the time, I'd just look into some used 22" 8 padle tires.

·
Registered
5,546 Posts
I run the fronts and they have been a good tire. I would not buy the rears though.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ok i have the stock heel guards but been thinking about losing them and my gearing is 14-35. i dont plan on changing the gearing cause i still got a lot of pull even launching in 2nd gear.(this is with the 18s and stock knobbies, if it didnt bottom out i would do even better)

I found a guy here in phx selling some 21x12x8 for 175 rims and tires i think i likey just need to ask now
i only plan ongoing to glamis a couple times a year if i can so most sand tire use would be at the hassy

this sucks buying stuff freaking dingleberry at ridenow

thanks guys for the help alot better than the dingleberry

·
Registered
788 Posts
buy my extremes that are for sale

·
Premium Member
600 Posts
I have a set of those on my banshee, and would not recomend them to my worst enemy, they are very, very heavy and you can almost fold the paddles back with your fingers. stick with some skat trak tires, you wont be dissapointed... or if you have the $$$ get the brats. my 02

·
Registered
788 Posts
so just buy my extremes?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts