Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a bone stock 06 LtR that had a bottom end full of gas and would start or run. I changed the oil and installed a new fuel injector and the bike fired right up and idled just fine. But when you were riding it would just pop and crack and backfire. It wouldn't take any throttle. But it would start right up everytime. After running some tests I discovered the tps sensor was out of adjustment so I fixed that issue and now it flat out Rips with no hesitions or bogging or cutting out. It runs perfect but as soon as you let off the throttle it dies. Immediately. It doesn't even try to iddle. When you try to start it, it won't start. It fires like it wants to start every time the engine turns over but it doest start. Its not throwing any codes when I put it in dealer mode either. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
1,217 Posts
Did you check your valves? Sounds like they might be tight.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Valves are within spec. I adjusted the screw on the left side of the throttle body and was able to get it to idle and get the e start to work.

·
Super Moderator
1,217 Posts
Idle screw would make a big difference happy you got it working

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's not perfect though. I would've thought the rpms would go up by turning the screw one direction and down the other but thats not the case. It goes up really slow until a certain point then drops off and when I have my idle sounding about right, the estart won't turn over the engine. If i lower the rpms to the point it barely stays running, the estart will work

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's not perfect though. I would've thought the rpms would go up by turning the screw one direction and down the other but thats not the case. It goes up really slow until a certain point then drops off and when I have my idle sounding about right, the estart won't turn over the engine. If i lower the rpms to the point it barely stays running, the estart will

1 - 6 of 6 Posts