Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m Having some idling issues. Will crank and idle for 4-8 seconds and cut off almost as it needs to be idled up. If you hit the starter button fires right back up The bike seems to run fine giving throttle riding around. I Just finished putting this engine back together. The bike has set apart for almost a year. I Did a high compression piston. I’ve checked the valves twice. I did mess with the screw in the side of the throttle body not really any difference. So how do you tune these or set what needs to be done to resolve this. Thanks for any tips
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Tread Vehicle

·
Registered
2006 Suzuki LTR 450
16 Posts
Do you have a fuel controller to adjust fueling? It is running way too lean with the high compression piston. I did my LTR engine over just few day ago and I first unplugged my Power Commander 5. It was also struggling to idle and exhaust was getting way too hot, glowing red hot. I did not ride it yet, still doing some heat cycles on it. I plugged the Power commander again and adjusted the fuel mapping for idle. I also have an Autotune installed so I can see the fuel air ratio. The stock CDI fueling is way too lean even with cherrybomb for the HC piston. I added 35% more fuel at idle to get the fuel air ratio correct and it was idling smooth and exhaust gets hot, but not glowing anymore. I will still adjust the fueling for the rest of the throttle range when riding after I complete 10 heat cycles on the newly build engine.

NB. You will have to get a fuel controller with the HC piston, it is a must... or you'll end up melting it

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.