Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello, i was looking for a pair of rear wheels at itptires.com, and i want to buy the t-9 pro series baja, but there are four sizes... what is the difference between 8x8, 9x9, 10x5 and 10x8 size? what would be the nearer size to the stock one?

·
Registered
85 Posts
OEM TIRE SIZE,OEM WHEEL SIZE,BOLT PATTERN

LTR-450 2WD, 06-08 front tires 20x6x10 wheels 10x5, bolt pattern 4/144
LTR-450 2WD, 06-08 rear tire 18x10x8, wheels 8x8, bolt pattern 4/110

Tire Example:
25 x 10 x 12

Tire Diameter = 25"
Tire Width = 10"
Rim Diameter = 12"

Wheel Example:
10 x 8 3+5 4/110

Wheel Diameter = 10"
Wheel Width = 8"
Wheel Offset = 3" mounting centerline to inside wheel edge and 5" mounting center line to the outside wheel edge
Number of Bolt Holes = 4

Spacing of Bolt Holes = 110" (measured from center of one bolt hole across center of wheel to opposite bolt hole)

Note: Most OEM Wheel Applications have no offset (the wheel is centered over the hub). In these cases, the wheel offset is omitted from the listing

·
Registered
665 Posts
The 8x8 is going to match the stock wheels the closest....you will want this one if you ride mostly mx and plan on keeping a 20" front tire and an 18" rear tire. If you mostly ride woods, trails and XC type of terrain, get the 9x9 and go up to a 21" tire in front and a 20" tire in the rear. The 10x8 would probably be best suited for riding flat track or dunes. Also, if you find them on ebay, you can get a new set of Bajas much cheaper than buying them directly from ITP.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey, im looking to buy tires but all the 8 inch are expensive for my LTR would 20x10x9 still be good for track riding? Do i need to gear my sprocket lower in the front? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
if u go with a 20" rear tire you should go -1 up front if you want your gearing closer to stock.

·
Registered
6 Posts
ya but try it with the stock sproket and the 20" tires, ull see that there is a lot of top end. its a noticale difference between the 2 set ups. and between the 2 i rather the stock sproket with the 20", but all i do is trail riding

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have huge rocks in my area. What type of tire and rim size do you think is the best? Right now, I have 20X11-8 on the rear with stock rims and 21x7R10 on the front with stock rims. Right now my bike is really low. Any reply's appreciated, thanks! :icon2:

P.S Sorry for a really late question. Thanks!

·
Registered
434 Posts
Go with a 21 rear and 22 front.

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
and re gear the atv so you dont have to over slip the clutch to get the atv moving

1 - 10 of 10 Posts