Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i noticed as i pulled it out of the garage today that my caliper braket is loose and appears that theres no way of tighting it and also my rotor is a bit bent because there is a wobble ..im hopeing its not my axle and its a quick and easy fix. is anyone else a bit loos with some play in it? the caliper is tight on the bracket but the bracket it self is loose..not much but enough to piss me off. any ideas? thanks in advance

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nothing yet lol idk what to fix i think i need a new rotor and a bearing of some sort in the carrier but idk

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Nothing yet lol idk what to fix i think i need a new rotor and a bearing of some sort in the carrier but idk
What happens when you really bend the rotor is that it shifts the bracket around on the caliper and thus wears the carrier and the caliper mount. I wouldn't worry about it. Mine has been like that for quite some time. I mangled my rotor last year at the somerset gncc. I hit a rock hard enough it ripped the inserts out of the swing arm and ripped the rotor gaurd off and took out the rotor with it. That was last summer and and my quad finished all the nationals last year and then the first 4 this year. I wouldn't worry about it or just pick a caliper mount up off of eBay.

DO NOT BUY THE BLINGSTAR MOUNT UNLESS YOU HAVE A BILLET AXLE CARRIER!!!!! YOU WILL BREAK THE AXLE CARRIER!!!

·
Registered
6,589 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oooo i dident realize that soory.. And thanks for the info man

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
The rear caliper is considered 'floating' and is suppose to move around a bit to be able to keep the rear brakes working if the rotor gets tweaked. If the rotor is bent badly, you will end up messing up the caliper mounts, and your rear brakes wont work.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts