Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently switched from stock to asv levers and streamline brake lines and weve bled the brakes twice now and cant get them to work still... AT ALL..Someone have any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
28,672 Posts
the only thing that comes to mind is to compress the calipers to push the fluid and air back up to the master.

·
Registered
166 Posts
When you say you've bled the brakes, what did you do exactly? Did you have lever feel then? Still getting bubbles? I know my stock master cylinder was an absolute pain to bleed the brakes. Put on a YFZ master and it worked a LOT quicker and has better feel. I also switched brake lines.

·
Registered
59 Posts
If you are having trouble bleeding the brakes, go down to your loco auto parts store and get a brake bleeder tool. My local auto zone rents them for free. Worked very fast.

·
Registered
7 Posts
yeah, you might have to repeat a few more times to get it going, it can be a pita when changing setups like that.

do them both at same time - the way I do this is...

take two 3/16" hoses from top of bleeder valves and drop the other end into a 1/2 bottle of brake fuid making sure the hose end is under the fluid in bottle, fill the res and start pumping. on pull the fluid will escape the valves and into the bottle getting rid of air and on the release, the hose end will suck fluid back up instead of air.

it's the poors mans bleeder but it always works

1 - 7 of 7 Posts