Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The fender support bracket on my Fat-Peg nerfs snapped at the weld.

I remember a thread with someone else having this problem. Nothing came up in the search.

What was the fix?
Is Pro-Armor offering "anything"?

Junkie....talk to your boy over there. I would like to see them do a seperate piece.
I LOVE PA stuff. But.... that bracket design is crap to begin with. No sense in re-welding. It will just continue to break when put under a lot of stress.

Thanks

· Premium Member
20,716 Posts
I'll be with him most of the weekend...consider it done... :D

· Registered
846 Posts
The fender support bracket on my Fat-Peg nerfs snapped at the weld.

I remember a thread with someone else having this problem. Nothing came up in the search.

What was the fix?
Is Pro-Armor offering "anything"?
Junkie....talk to your boy over there. I would like to see them do a seperate piece.
I LOVE PA stuff. But.... that bracket design is crap to begin with. No sense in re-welding. It will just continue to break when put under a lot of stress.
Thanks
[/b]
Pro Armor is offering to fix the fender brackets. Your right, from the get go the fender tab was not the greatest. I suppose the testers we had on them first just never touched the fenders while riding, everyones style is different so its kinda hard to shoot out a new product with out any bugs. Send Pro Armor your nerfs and we will remove whats left of the old bracket on both sides and weld our new bracket on, This new bracket is way way better and we did lots of "quesitonable" testing with it and it survived quite well :) Usual turn around is a couple of days shipping usually takes longer. PM me and ill give you all the details you need.

They have a spy here who may read this... ;) ;)
[/b]
Why spy? Lots o' people have already figured out i work for Pro Armor, nothin to hide :)

BTW. Sorry it took so long for me to find this thread, i havent been on in like a week and then before that not even enough time to surf around...had a big big show to prepare for.

oh before i forget, we tried a separate bracket, but it was not good, not very strong and thats one more piece the more "mechanically challenged" have to mess with...

· Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Duner..... I didn't know you worked there. I love the PA stuff... I had it on my Honda. ALWAYS very solid fit and finish. I was quite surprised to see that bracket design. I knew it wouldn't hold. I also understand that you guys were trying to "get it out". Bro

The biggest problem with me returning them is time. As you stated -- "shipping". I am in NC. Will take a week to get there, a couple of days to fix and then a week on the return. Plus the pain in the a$$ of removing... then re-installing. Just too much. That's why I was hoping for a seperate piece. You guys could just ship it out -- install it -- done.

I will probably get a custom piece made. Please advise your guys on our feedback.

Thanks again Bro'

· Registered
6,358 Posts
can you guys just ship the new style bracket out to djvolume and let him get it welded up?

JMO..

· Registered
846 Posts
Yeup, thats where i work! I see what your saying about just having a separate peice that we could send to people. Ill talk to the engineering boys and see what they can put together.

Your right it is a bit of a process to take them off and ship them, but thats just they way we were handling it. I can do what savage suggested, i can send you out the new brackets and then you could have someone mount them for ya. We have done this before but sometimes people dont want to hassle with having the new tabs welded on. If your interested in this let me know, but if you fab something up on your own post pictures and maybe i can show it to the engineers.

· Registered
47,362 Posts
Now how about this for customer service. There are no other parts manufacturers in here (This is why they have great customer service). Where are the AC customer service reps? All though I see Jennifer Rath is now a member. Another Lemon? [/b]
Probably, spelling and grammar was horrible and thats something, on this site, that is important...to some of the geezers hahah :lol: and anyone that has read around 5 post would see that. Also, someone trying to sell products would probably proof read there things over, mistakes happen but there was like 10

· Registered
2,630 Posts

· Registered
47,362 Posts

· Registered
846 Posts
What kinda ltrhq thread would it be if it didnt get hijacked?!?!

N E ways back to the thread, i think it pretty much essential to have someone from various companies on the boards. And not just for spying, but to offer help and defend thier product, because i know and so does everyone else nothing perfect and an extra hand or some words of advice can go a long way....

· Registered
2,014 Posts
SPIES! ALL SPIES!!! I want trials!!

Dunk him in the river for 10 minutes and if he lives he's a spy so we must burn him at the stake!!!.... if he dies we will send a sincere letter of apology to his next of kin. :)

(that's how you frigging derail shit)

· Premium Member
20,716 Posts
BC..chill bro...I know you haven't burned anyone at the stake in a day or so but wait for it....wait for it....

Back to the subject at hand...I have to commend Duner for jumping on this thread...I talked to him at the show (we were both under the gun to get the displays up and running) and he assured me he would get right on it...good job...

I also talked to the boys at Trinity Racing about some of the issues brought up on this forum and they too were more than willing to come in here and answer any issues. I have held off telling DJ when and where because I'm not sure that it wouldn't run into a real mudslinging contest with some hard feelings. Suffice to say that after talking to them in depth about some problems? I feel pretty confident that if you call them with any issues or questions? They will take care of you...

It was a pretty good show with LOTS of info...

· Registered
846 Posts
SPIES! ALL SPIES!!! I want trials!!

Dunk him in the river for 10 minutes and if he lives he's a spy so we must burn him at the stake!!!.... if he dies we will send a sincere letter of apology to his next of kin. :)
(that's how you frigging derail shit)
[/b]
"sorry we killed your kid, but we thought he was a spy....at least you get social security for the rest of your life"

and that show friggen rocked...so much good stuff!!!! just wish my wallet wasnt so small....

· Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
damn... i missed all of this.

Thanks again Duner ---- and of course you too Junkie.

DUNER...I was thinking something similar to the HEP bracket.

Anyone have a pic of the "new" Pro Armor bracket?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.