Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up my new R450 yesterday afternoon.

In my discussions with the dealer, he told me he just got an e mail from his rep that stated the fuel pump material has been showing signs of breakdown if using oxygenated and/or race fuel.

I don't know if it is true or not, but take it for what it may be worth.

r450racing

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hmmm... Is that why sometimes mine is a bitch to start... If im ridin for awhile and shut it off and go back to start it it takes a few to many turn overs than when it was new... My uncle has the new 700 Rapter and it fires right up which the LTR should too since its fuel enjected...

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Interesting theory, anything is possible at this point...please keep us updated as any new information comes out

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My personal experience during the "pre 450" days was that hi perf fuel made quite a difference. I am not seeing near as big a difference now in the 450s'. Note that I am talking about motox, flat track, TT and woods riding not drag racing.

r450racing

·
Registered
147 Posts
Suzuki has had EFI on the GSXRs and other bikes for a while. I ran straight 110 octane in my GSXR750 with no problems whatsoever. Why this wouldnt be the same with the LTR450 I dont know. If you have any problems try mixing 50/50 with 93 octane pump gas.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts