Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just bought a 2006 ltr450. Bought it with trinity full exhaust pro flow intake with holes in the airbox lid. It ran great when I test drove it. I removed airbox lid. Installed k&n cone filter. Wit outer ware cover over airbox. Replaced swirl filter changed oil and filter. And spark plug. Installed pc5 With tune Yoshimura full exhaust no airbox lid k&n filter With rev x installed. After I installed the pcv it had high idle at like 2200 So I hooked up to the laptop and lowered the idle with the fuel screw between the frame and fuel pump to between 17-1800 as recommended. Then recalibrated the tps.. Went riding. And now half throttle or more it dies out. If I quarter throttle and easy it to wot sometimes it pulls hard all the way threw the gear but 9xs out of 10 it’s completely falling on its face untill I get off the throttle or pump it. But it doesn’t hesitate calibrating the tps at full throttle it goes all the way to rev limiter no problem every time. Please help. I was gonna try and remove the rev x and try it then. Please any suggestions from the ltr gods would be greatly appreciated

·
Super Moderator
1,266 Posts
What is all the mods you have on the atv? Why do you need the Rev x on? Are you trying to play with rev limiter? I would remove everything and just use a cherry bomb and see what happens. I had issues with a PIM 2 and it wouldnt rev took it off and never went back.

Also what is your battery voltage? I have seen issues where battery voltage is not enough and it caused issues with rev limiters and them being odd like you are experiencing.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What is all the mods you have on the atv? Why do you need the Rev x on? Are you trying to play with rev limiter? I would remove everything and just use a cherry bomb and see what happens. I had issues with a PIM 2 and it wouldnt rev took it off and never went back.

Also what is your battery voltage? I have seen issues where battery voltage is not enough and it caused issues with rev limiters and them being odd like you are experiencing.
My ltr has proflow intake with k&n cone filter and full trinity exhaust with power commander 5. Apparently the motor is stage two cam high comp piston. But I have no proof of this unless I pay for someone to crack the case seeing as there no markings on the cylinder. But the bike ran fine when I bought it with dirty regular uni filter and holes in the airboxlid no tuner. Not I put k&n cone and pc5 with rev x and I only installed the rev x becuz dynojet advertises it adds 500 extra rpms with rev x installed. I’m gonna unplug the rev x and run a tune without rev x and see what it does. You say uninstall.the pc5 and only run the cherry 💣 plug with my mods and I’ll be fine?? How does the cherry bomb work just plug and go? No laptop needed?

·
Super Moderator
1,266 Posts
I have a 14.1 piston no air box lid, full exhaust and I run just a cherry bomb.
I run 110LL fuel and been like that forever. Look up Cherry Bomb and youll see its a simple resister that changes the stock map in the ECU to the race map.

Reactions: Emmdmm19

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I run 110LL fuel and been like that forever. Look up Cherry Bomb and youll see its a simple resister that changes the stock map in the ECU to the race map.
Awesome thank u yeah I have the airbox lid off to. Awesome I found the regular cherry bomb for 35$. I seen there was other ones like the cherry bomb in different stages. But wasn’t sure what they were about. Should I buy just the regular cherry bomb?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Super Moderator
1,266 Posts
You can also just make a plug with a 100 ohm resistor. Thats all the CRBM is

Reactions: Emmdmm19

·
Super Moderator
1,266 Posts
@Emmdmm19 Updates on pulling codes? or putting on a CB

1 - 8 of 8 Posts