Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Updated info: Current price is $75 shipped to members. The price of $55 shipped was for my trial run to get quick feedback. Thanks

After a long wait I got this mocked up. The final drawing trims up the rear corners a bit and will have smoother edges. Also note that the front is designed to tuck under the front bumper but mine is so bent up so I didn't fully mount it. Rear mounts to the original location in the frame, there are two mounts off horizontal tubes, and one mount tying together two vertical tubes. There are only four screws and only one wrench is required, you don't need to hold a wrench on top. Phillips screws were used for mockup but recessed hex bolts will be supplied.

Edit for more info: plastic is 1/4" thick and chosen for its abrasion resistance, I'm choosing to not say the exact type. Also in the first picture must be a weird angle, the frame tube looks as if it sticks out on the left side and the plate does not rest on the linkage…

Price for this batch will be $55 shipped and will include all hardware and instructions. I'm using this as a sort of test run to hear feedback and check for any possible design changes needed.
I will only have four available as a few are already spoken for so it's first come first serve. Ready to ship Thursday…

Original thread:
http://www.ltr450hq.com/forums/sale/35830-plastic-skids.html

·
Registered
84 Posts
I am Interested in a skid for the new bike... will consider it and get back to you tomorrow (Monday)

Nick

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Am I one of the few that's spoken for?

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I will have to check on the intl shipping, for now I don't really have time because I'm in a time crunch, sorry guys.

Prednizone, bender, 05limited, loltr (if you decide you want it) will have first dibs. Ill pm you the details shortly

·
Registered
84 Posts
You are alright to let someone else take my dibs cause' I am set for now

Thanks,
Nick

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Made mine out of 9mm IPX but doesn't use any hardware. I molded hooks in the rear to wrap around the frame, the front tucks under the bumper and wraps up, and has tabs in front of the pegs that are bent up to keep it from going backwards. Been tested on several 100 mile races with no probs. Just some info.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
In these pictures you can see the rear corners trimmed up. There will also be a 1/4" lip continuing from the front but I cut mine off because I wasn't thinking.
I ordered a bunch of hardware and I'm attempting to pick up more plastic tomorrow. The four plates will be cut tomorrow. There is actually only one paid for, and now there's one available. So put yourself on the list if you're interested and you may end up with one from this batch.

(not a video just a screenshot from my phone)

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Orders were shipped this morning. I have one remaining that needs a buyer! Will head off to eBay soon.

·
Registered
669 Posts
I am VERY interested in buying one :)

·
Registered
229 Posts
Got mine yesterday. Bike is all muddy still and I'm going to the track tomorrow, so I'll clean it up after that. Then I'll install it and post pics. Looks good so far. Just as Bender said...brackets, SS screws, pictures, instructions, and stickers. Good stuff...

·
Registered
669 Posts
^^^Same here! Give me your payment info and Ill be glad to buy one :)

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I've only got one left. I'll send you a pm glamis...

I will make more the 6th if there's enough interest, so post up!

1 - 20 of 81 Posts