Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, I have used PEPs for the last 3 years and they seem to work really well, but i have been considering switching to a pair of front air shocks.

Mainly for the weight but some people also say they ride better?
what about body roll? i have heard you may have to put a high pressure in which might make it too hard on jumping?

lastly, fox or custom axis? fox were the first to come out with them and the dual speed compression gen 2`s look good, but what about custom axis pro air? some have said they have a little edge? plus they have the optional PRS (plush ride system).

appreciate any help:)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Just going by what I've heard, you wanna go with Fox over Axis. I heard Axis has had all kinds of bugs. Plus you're gonna be paying a lot more for them.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
I use the Fox shox now 1,5 years and i'm very happy with it.

·
Registered
541 Posts
I have ridden both FOX and PEP on the LTR and I like the PEP better. Fox is a great shock for sure, what the pain is in setting them up. I read the manuals, adjusted countless times, and got good performance out of them. With PEP however, I didn't really have to do a thing, just RIDE. Too me there were just to many variables, air temp, 2 air pressure settings, high/low speed compression. You really can't go wrong either way, but unless you like tinkering all the time or have someone who has alot of exeperince with the FOX it is hard to get the most out of them...

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
i have lt peps on my ltr450, and i have fox evol dsc on my yfzR. it's kind of hard to say because of the caster issue on the yfzR in hard braking corners, but in non-braking corners id do experience a good amount of body roll with the evols.

although the peps are heavier than the evols, i give them the advantage in every other category. they perform everywhere, and wayne really understands valving. all i had to do was set ride height and adjust compression settings and the bike feels like it's on rails.

i have no experience with axis shocks of any sort. i know their sprung shocks work great, but i've heard mixed reviews on their air shocks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so i guess its just a matter of proper set up
i know the foxs are a lot more complicated

i will have to try and get some ride time on them to see for myself.

·
Registered
527 Posts
i never owned a set of PB1 just think there overpriced for what your getting .But i have own both fox and axis air on my old kfx450 and i HATED the axis. always leaked air. only time they did not bottom out or dive and push corners was when they where almost like a rock. then that made for a shitty ride. Rebound adj did not have much difference between clicks. I had Hi low speed axis pro air on walsh a-arms vs single speed fox evol on walsh. and i would pick the cheap fox over them any day.

Never heard a bad thing about PB1 though.bunch of buddies run them and LOVE them over fox. but to each his own.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts