Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am hoping that somebody would be able to assist me. I've searched the forums and found a map posted by "Big Rob" (in February 2007) which is very similar to what I am looking for, however his map is for an elevation of 1500 feet, whereas I am at sea-level. I'm not sure exactly what the implications would be if I use his map.

I recently bought a 2008 LT-R450, however found that the previous owner removed the PCIII when he sold it to me. There is a cherry bomb fitted and I found that the exhaust gets extremely hot. Based on what I have learned reading the forums here, I believe that the way my LT-R-450 is currently set up, (Dasa pipe + Fuelatv intake + Cherrybomb) may result in the air/fuel mixture running lean.

Exhaust: Dasa
Intake: Fuel atv
Airbox: Removed
Piston (Compression): stock
Cams: stock
Valves: stock
Fuel: pump 91 octane (95 octane available)
Elevation: Sea Level

Any advice or assistance would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Try Big Robs map. If your setup is identical Big Robs engine, it should be very close. For sea level add 3% to all values at 100% throttlel position, add 2% to all RPM values at the next throttle position (I think that 80% is the next throttle position after 100%), and 1% to all values at the next throttle position (I think that the next throttle position is 50%). The values at the lower throttle position should not need much change. Try different values at 0%to 2% throttle position and the RPM where the engine idles to produce the fastest and smoothest idle in the 1500 to 2000 RPM range.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your advice. I modified Big Robs map as you recommended and went out for a ride today. The only issue I had is that the idling is too low and the engine keeps stalling when I stop. I'm sure I can get that figured out though. The pipe definitely ran much cooler, so I suspect that the engine was running lean before the map.

·
Registered
1 Posts
07 LTR 450 maps

I need help finding a map for a 07 LTR 450.
The LTR has a full Dasa pipe dynojet pcIII USB air lied removed with mod quad air filter.
A buddy of my has close to the same bike and he said he put a loony tunes map and it runs awesome.
I can not find any kind of maps made by loony tunes.
dose anyone have a suggestion?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts