Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner

21 - 40 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
5,546 Posts
How much does a set of 6 paddle haulers usually run?
[/b]

I just bought some from Fullerton. $186, shipped to AZ.

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
thanks yeah i learned alot reading all this and now anyone have any pics of the top choices for paddles? i was hoping that my cowbell would make up for the extra weight of the SSII :lol:

·
Premium Member
21,252 Posts
thanks yeah i learned alot reading all this and now anyone have any pics of the top choices for paddles? i was hoping that my cowbell would make up for the extra weight of the SSII :lol:
[/b]
Here's my bike with 9 paddle gliders and mohawks on the front...Douglas Blue Label rims all around :D

Hope this helps...besides...I can't resist a chance to show off my bike :p

·
1,469 Posts
...besides...I can't resist a chance to show off my bike :p
[/b]
I wanna join!! :)

AND..... I don't have a pic of my 21" 7 paddle haulers off the bike so I guess you have to see them on the bike :lol:

·
Premium Member
21,252 Posts
I never get tired of looking at that guys bike :D

Clone?...stock rims yea?..no?... :blink:

·
1,469 Posts
I never get tired of looking at that guys bike :D

Clone?...stock rims yea?..no?... :blink:
[/b]
Never get tired of looking, laughing, pointing fingers, etc. b/c it is so stock? :eek:

Sorry. They are blue labels on the rear. Nanco carcass. 21X12-8 (4 psi)

SS's are 21" on heavy weight T-9's for when I run over slow yellow LTR's :p

·
Premium Member
21,252 Posts
Guess I don't know what I am talking about because they looked kinda stock to me...

And no I'm not laughing because of stock...looks good...AND your probably about $4,000 bucks ahead of me...

Bling makes my wallet sting :p

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Guess I don't know what I am talking about because they looked kinda stock to me...

And no I'm not laughing because of stock...looks good...AND your probably about $4,000 bucks ahead of me...

Bling makes my wallet sting :p
[/b]

I copied Clone on the tire setup.... I had a full set of Sand Stars and now my Sand Star rears are the back up wheels when riding the nasty stuff like Cinders or the local river bottom.

I too run a 7 paddle hauler 21x12x8 on a set of blue labels in the rear. However I only have a BPU Ltr (Basic Power Upgrades). So I'm going to try out Robs triple buff aka super light buff 6paddle extremes next chance I get. Then I'll probably need a set..... and If I can't wait till then.... I might give these to the wifey and get the 6's for me....

And yep I'm Skeered to try the brats for the same reason. There was a set on planet sand I thought about not too long ago for $300 with wheels.

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
more pics? anyone? well lets get this thing going crazy again. first i will just ask clone how he likes his front tires? i have been thinkin bout those ones.(yeah i know heavy cause they molded). now what are peoples opions on the best front sand tires? :lol:

·
Premium Member
21,252 Posts
Fronts?...Mohawks or Razors...nuff said... :D

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hey I ran sand stars front and 8 paddle haulers and you couldn't get me!! hahha j/k
Changed to 6 extremes.

hey about the triple buff, isnt that going to make the tire way more probable of getting a flat?
I took off the 8 paddle haulers ran them for about a year or so. and the center part is really thin.

Also they told me to get black label not blue because of jumping and high horsepower. I ride hard on the dunes are blue label ok or should i stick with black label..???

·
Premium Member
21,252 Posts
Mike...you should be fine with the Blue's...thats what I got :D

·
Registered
102 Posts
thanks, ill try them.
yeah I wanted to change to mohaks but i cant afford. Need to get rid of haulers first/sand stars front.
But I agree mohawks.IMO

·
Registered
6,267 Posts
Hey I ran sand stars front and 8 paddle haulers and you couldn't get me!! hahha j/k
Changed to 6 extremes.
[/b]

I think you had a SLIGHT weight advantage ..... maybe like 40lbs? Hey blue lables should be fine. If your getting 20x11x8 tires. Those have alot of side wall. That will flexx before bending the rim.

FUELATV

·
1,469 Posts
Also they told me to get black label not blue because of jumping and high horsepower. I ride hard on the dunes are blue label ok or should i stick with black label..???
[/b]
Mike, I run the 21's in the picture above with blue labels and seems to be fine. The tires are wider than the rim so you don't catch them on anything and with 21" of rubber, you have quite a bit of sidewall like fuel mentioned. We have to run 4psi or above to keep from flatting our rims. We like to launch off the dunes quite a bit and 4psi is where we found to be just right for our jumping, aggressive trail riding, drag racing, etc HABITS :D

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Here are pics of 21X12X8 6 paddle STU Brats CC and ST Mowhawk fronts...
[attachmentid=776]
[attachmentid=778]
[attachmentid=779]

Here are pics of 21X12X8 6 paddle ST Extreme double buff and AMS Diamond Trak fronts...
[attachmentid=777]
[attachmentid=780]

I will get shots of the STU Razorback fronts and STU SSI CC's...

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Thanks Rob!

is there a reason you went with the double buff on the extremes rather than the SLB aka triple buff?

I got a price from Jims on the triple buffs on a 7" wheel for $238 + tax since they're local

Fullerton qoted me $117 ea. on the tires and $32 ea on the 7" rims = $298 + shipping.

So I might go ahead and pick up a set AFTER i try yours if that offer still stands :)

On the SS1's fullerton basicly quoted me $170.00 ea after comp cut. And the same price for the Brats. Basicly $430 for a pair with wheels.

So I might see what kind of price Jims give.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Thanks Rob!

is there a reason you went with the double buff on the extremes rather than the SLB aka triple buff?

So I might see what kind of price Jims give.
[/b]
Durability...everyone I have ever talked to said do not dune ultralights...the only reason you can get away with it on the CC cut Brats is because they are a 4 ply tire compared to 2 plies on the ST's. If I was a hardcore drag racer then ultralights for sure...but, I am not so I was more concerned with getting 4-5 years out of the tires and the amount of asphalt we have to drive on.

Can Jim get STU tires?
I know several dealers carry them and others besides Jim can comp cut them but each dealers cut would be somewhat unique...since the cutting is not performed by STU themselves...

I have always heard Jim has great prices on ST tires...did you call him or email or what?
I sent him an email about 6 weeks ago regarding some Gliders and it has never been returned...I have not tired to call yet.

FYI, I also spent some time talking with a member of trx450r.org and he worked for ST in the past...he said for our 450 class machines with some mods and my weight (185 necked) he highly recommended a 10 paddle Glider in the 21" size(my favorite) and an 8 paddle in the 20" size...just FYI.

21 - 40 of 109 Posts