Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner

Not so good news

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  ZukiLT-R450 
#1 ·
Here is what a guy said on another forum. He raced a buddy on a new LTR450....
saw one well for a second till it was behind me sounds real cool like a turbo or something looks nice. But might be geared a little long. STOCK FOR STOCK

AT the hill Honda beat it 3 out of 3

www.fuelatv.com

#4 ·
I few tooth sprocket adjustment can make any fast quad a pissed off beast! Were the 450r's stock? or piped and filtered ...etc? Not to mention Gust and jones won't be riding them in stock form Yoshi' is gonna play with them a little. They made nationally competitive machines out of a quick trail bike in stock trim before! :eek:

#5 ·
O.K. new update......guy riding the LTR was a rookie and guy on stk 05 TRX was a good rider. TRX beat him over the whoops. Another guy rode the LTR and said it is faster then his piped, hrc kitted 05 TRX. He also said it was geared tall. They had 20 inch paddles on it. I am sure going from 18 to 20 inch tires makes a huge gear change.....and i know for a fact paddles bog the bike down a little. Looks like i need to change this post to .....ITS HERE AND IT RIPS.

www.fuelatv.com

#6 ·
Have you read the march issue of dirt wheels? ANYONE?? go get it and read the interview DW did with Jeramiah Jones.. This should put a smile back on your doubting face! Also pay attention to page 62, there is a picture of Doug drag racing someone on a 450R.. below that picture reads this..
"A Honda 450R was at the track during the test sessions, so Gust was able to do a few starts against it. He smoked it repeatedly."
Your going to read all sorts of rumors. Besides it is a never ending battle. I'm posative that I'll be happy with my LTR.. when my stinkin' dealer finally gets one dangit and gives me a call.

#8 ·
O.K. new update......guy riding the LTR was a rookie and guy on stk 05 TRX was a good rider. TRX beat him over the whoops. Another guy rode the LTR and said it is faster then his piped, hrc kitted 05 TRX. He also said it was geared tall. They had 20 inch paddles on it. I am sure going from 18 to 20 inch tires makes a huge gear change.....and i know for a fact paddles bog the bike down a little. Looks like i need to change this post to .....ITS HERE AND IT RIPS.

www.fuelatv.com
That sounds a little more accurate IMO. Pretty good news though, basically what we were all expecting it to be, faster then the current 450's haha.

From what I read it handles really well also. That whole 51hp with peashooters removed thing.... highly doubt it, Jetbike said he is dynoing one next week so it should be interesting.

#9 ·
I'll tell you what I will do...
after I properly get mine broke in (still waiting to get that call to come get it) I know the best performance ATV shop around, I will have it put on the Dyno..( stock) but no way am I going to put it through that until it has seen some fuel and light playtime.. (broke in)
I am just as curious as everyone else so it will definately be done.. then I will test it again after changing intake, exhaust and the inj. contol module..
51 ponnies stock sounds a bit high to me... but what the heck do I know??? I would hope for that after the inprovements.. if it infact has the 51 HP stock then we had all better hold on to our panties.... getting upwards of 60 just by adding pipe, filter and ecm sould be a dream come true...
JUST MY THOUGHTS....

OH...Shop I was refering to can be found here in Roy, Ut..
www.ktperformance.com
no one can beat these guy's

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.