Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I am going to be using my bike for primarily recreational use and wanted to upgrade to larger tires for more ground clearance...I was looking at Holeshot XCRs with 22 X 7 R10s in front and 20 X 11 R9s in back, will this be a good combination for my application or is this too much tire? Also, obviously I am going to have to get new rims, are beadlocks all that necessary, or can I just buy ITP Pros? Any recommendations or experience would be appreciated, thanks.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Those tire sizes would be good, you will want to go with a 13 tooth front sprocket to compensate for the larger tires. Beadlocks would be overkill depending on how aggressive you ride and your budget.

·
Registered
512 Posts
I have the exact set up you are talking about 22x7- 20x10x9 on ITP's (XCR) they are great for the trail especially the fronts.

If you ride in rocky conditions I would get the 22" rears - otherwise got for it

I really like the XCR holeshots, great durable trail tire- sort of a do it all tire. Much more traction than stock. handle great, not over tired at all.

get them...

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the exact set up you are talking about 22x7- 20x10x9 on ITP's (XCR) they are great for the trail especially the fronts.

If you ride in rocky conditions I would get the 22" rears - otherwise got for it

I really like the XCR holeshots, great durable trail tire- sort of a do it all tire. Much more traction than stock. handle great, not over tired at all.

get them...
[/b]
Thanks a lot...did you do the upgrade that Lester suggested by changing to a 13t sprocket in the front, or is the stock gearing fine?

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
I went to a 13t, for trail riding this is the way to go..., if you want speed - just stay stock and add 22", and say goodbye to your low end torque
[/b]

And your clutch!!!!!!!! :blackeye:

·
Registered
301 Posts
i have the same sizes only in maxxis' it's the perfect combo, and YES DEFINATELY go the 13 front sprocket :)

·
Registered
561 Posts
The beadlocks are nice also because you can change your tires on your own with a litlle soapy water. Take off the ring, spray the soapy water, slide on new tire, put ring back on, tighten beadlock bolts to 10 lbs on the old tourqe wrench and fill with air.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts