Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello i have put a new fuel pump on my 06 ltr (from a honda 700xx) and i dont have any pressure going to the regulator. the pump turns on and sounds good and moves a lil fuel but there is no pressure to it. is there any internal seals in the pump that could be messed up causing an internal leak inside the pump? i can hear air bubble in the pump like it has internal leak. also the two wires tht you connect inside the pump what would happen if i got those backwards? im at my wits ends with this efi stuff and about to start looking for a carb kit.

·
Premium Member
28,672 Posts
Sounds like you may have the wires backwards, isn't one connector bigger than the other on the pump.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds like you may have the wires backwards, isn't one connector bigger than the other on the pump.
thats what im hoping. they were the same size on mine if i remember correctly. i also have fuel coming out of the top vent on the pump. not much just a little. once i get the striped screws loose i will switch and try.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have fuel pressure checked it. And when it's running the best my auto tune can achieve is 15-16 afr at idle. It supplies fuel there just not enough pressure to move my gauge needle.

·
Premium Member
28,672 Posts
hello i have put a new fuel pump on my 06 ltr (from a honda 700xx) and i dont have any pressure going to the regulator. the pump turns on and sounds good and moves a lil fuel but there is no pressure to it. is there any internal seals in the pump that could be messed up causing an internal leak inside the pump? i can hear air bubble in the pump like it has internal leak. also the two wires tht you connect inside the pump what would happen if i got those backwards? im at my wits ends with this efi stuff and about to start looking for a carb kit.
:read:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You guys are worthless. I don't know how else to explain it, it gets fuel but there is 0 pressure behind it. Maybe 1 to 2 psi who knows it's so little it dosent matter. I will take a vid today of it running with the pressure needle reading 0

·
Super Moderator
31,830 Posts
Worthless. Thanks. :mellow:

We aren't there. We have to go off of what you tell us. First you tell us there is no pressure, then you tell us there is pressure, but there is not enough pressure to lift the needle of the gauge off of 0 psi which is no pressure. Get your leak repaired and check the polarity of your wires. Then tell us worthless sumbitches what the pressure is produced with the system hooked up normally and also what the pressure is with the pump deadheaded.(FPR removed from the system)

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
an ltr will not run with 0 psi your gauge is fucked up. An ltr will barely run with 25 psi.

·
Premium Member
28,672 Posts
The only way it would run with very little PSI is if the injector is held open or leaking by quite a bit.

sounds like you have more than one problem and the help here isn't one of them, that's unless Hink gets involved in this thread. :sad6:

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
well I have had three pumps fail and they have all still had 10-20 psi so if you are at zero and it still runs yours must be a special ltr. Mine runs on zero fuel pressure now because it has a carb on it for these exact reasons lol

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
so my problem is the rubber seals inside the pump they are dried up from the race gas. i plan to soak in solvent for awhile and change the cap screws to try and get more squeeze on the seals. may even sand a lil off the plastic cap if i have to.

·
Registered
18 Posts
well I have had three pumps fail and they have all still had 10-20 psi so if you are at zero and it still runs yours must be a special ltr. Mine runs on zero fuel pressure now because it has a carb on it for these exact reasons lol
All these problems with the LTR fuel pressure I banged my head for 6 months trying to fix this problem it was the last thing I ever thought because in my mind I put a brand new fuel pump on it but what it was the new fuel pump the top seal that comes on the fuel pump the little rubber seal was too small to seal the hole that it has to fit into in the pump housing what happens is your pump will build a little bit of pressure but then because of the compromise seal it pushes the pressure back into the pump housing that's why you get the bubbling sound that's why a little bit of fuel comes up into the overflow line I finally got fed up and said I'm putting the old one back on while I had it apart I was sitting the o-rings and that's when I come to find out that apparently the aftermarket pumps you can buy be very mindful of the o-ring when you install the new pump in the housing if it doesn't go in with a little bit of a not a click because it's rubber but you can feel it slide in there and stay instantly all my problems are fixed my fuel pressure was back my bike ran perfect and by the way an LTR will run off less than 25 lb of fuel pressure mine had 10 lb of fuel pressure it would run with my fuel tuner maxed to the limit

·
Registered
18 Posts
There has been a problem with aftermarket fuel pumps it's the seal on top of the pump when you put the two halves of the outer casing together or outer housing on the top where that rubber horseshoe looking rubber seal is if it doesn't fit tightly into the housing that's where you're losing your fuel pressure I had the same problem that I chased for 2 months drove the four wheeler for a month with the fuel tuner maxed out the only way it would run turns out it's that rubber seal

1 - 17 of 17 Posts