·
Premium Member
21,252 Posts
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I just love this thread...

·
Registered
127 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (slowLTR @ Oct 3 2008, 06:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
WHAT!!!! I AM going to try these, HAVE ANY OF YOU DROPPED A SACK AND TRIED THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! From what I can tell the answer is Now quit hating and wait for results...... GEEZ[/b]

no one needs to try this!! not one 450 at 4SW was running anything more than 8's that was running fast and i'm guessing the 450 base motors there were a bit more h.p. in most cases. a banshee with a 4 mil doesnt need to try 5 different types of tires out there, the setup has been around forever and its not a guessing game... ill give it to you 4 pokes have only been around for half the time but 12's will work on a short lil hill sitting on the gas tank or trails or if you have a big over swinger but its going to kill your mph if hill shooting is your intention?...

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
I'll lower the front 4", and we run about 300 ft. I usually barely get through 3rd gear. I should be fine. EVERYBODY runs 6-8 paddles, question is how many with good power have tried 12 paddles!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
21,252 Posts
SO when you line up I'm guessing everyone else will be able to pick out the genius... :blink:

Just saying...[attachment=20626:popcorn.gif]

Attachments

·
Premium Member
28,672 Posts
Ha!!! it is what it is, a good balance of paddle and quad will let you change the center of gravity with your body instead of hanging you but off the back for more traction or sitting on the bars trying to let them slip a bit

If you think more is better than you should try running 100% Nitro first then back off till you can make it live.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Ya know, you all may be right, too much paddle may hurt me....... Just think of all those street dragsters complaining about too much traction!!!! LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL Drag cars should go with a 8 inch slick instead of a 10 inch slick (per LTR450HQ.COM) :yrstupid:

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Dang, I won't have N2O on this dune trip but hopefully before spring. I am 56-57 ish right now. Hoping to hit the 70 mark on spray. We'll see. :) Whats a safe amount people are spraying?? Nitrous jettting?? I will probably just jet mine for a 10 shot. But usually you can get more than it says, especially with good bottle pressure. Just gotta watch about leaning out. Hope the ole bottom end and clutch hold up. LOL

Good dyno. two thumbs up!!

·
Registered
5,546 Posts
Well, if a 10 shot is safe.....Go for 30.

·
Premium Member
21,252 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (slowLTR @ Oct 3 2008, 11:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Ya know, you all may be right, too much paddle may hurt me....... Just think of all those street dragsters complaining about too much traction!!!! LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL Drag cars should go with a 8 inch slick instead of a 10 inch slick (per LTR450HQ.COM) :yrstupid:[/b]
THAT was probably the dumbest example you could come up with...I ran the circuit for years with my 1/4 mile car and EVERYONE that has run a car knows you can have too much tire and adjusts accordingly...I've seen PLENTY of cars go out and load up on the line (BOG DOWN) because they had too much tire for the horse power applied...If everyone thought the way YOU do? They would be out there running 20" wide slicks instead of 10"...does THAT make sense? And they would be on some forum defending their stupidity claiming they were a misunderstood genius... so think about it...[attachment=20627:dumba$$.jpg]

And to answer your question? Yes I have seen guys run 9 and 10 paddles out there and thats where they usually over paddle and go back to either a 6 or an 8...but not you...nope...your going to go right past those guys and establish a whole new level...why?...because somehow you have hit on something that NO ONE in the history of sand dragging 4 strokes has thought of?...Don't kid yourself...4 strokes have been out PLENTY long enough for guys to have tried every combo in the book...especially those YFZ guys...those dudes will try ANYTHING to keep up with their Banshee counterparts...Get over yourself...you ain't no genius... :rolleyes:

I know these guys on the forum and most guys started out just trying to help a fellow duner...not wanting to see someone blow $450 on a set of paddles that, in their experience, will not work as well as a different combination...you obviously don't want their advice so why did you open a thread? You would have been better served by buying these, trying them out and THEN coming back with your findings...or crawling in a hole and trying to forget the experience (I think the latter...but I have been wrong one other time in my life)

NOW...You started this thread with an unfounded theory and asked for input...so don't get all "Have you sacked up and tried these?" on us when you haven't a SHRED of evidence to prove otherwise...just assumptions, conjecture and BS...

This is another one of those "My dad can beat up your dad" threads...I'll let it go a little longer but I'm pretty sure everything that needs to be said? Has been said...

Attachments

·
Registered
296 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
I'll be fine for now. Especially with such a short race and such low gears. If nothing else, I wont be SLOWER than 6 or 8 paddles, but now the more mods I have done in the future, the more performance I can outta these paddles.

just sayin... lol I started this thread because of my purchase, just wanted to get feed back from people WHO HAVE RAN THESE, not to get bashed by PEOPLE WHO HAVEN'T

·
Registered
773 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (slowLTR @ Oct 4 2008, 07:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Ya know, you all may be right, too much paddle may hurt me....... Just think of all those street dragsters complaining about too much traction!!!! LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL Drag cars should go with a 8 inch slick instead of a 10 inch slick (per LTR450HQ.COM) :yrstupid:[/b]
Holy crap you have no idea what you are talking about. :guns:

·
Premium Member
21,252 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Geoffwhite18 @ Oct 5 2008, 10:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Holy crap you have no idea what you are talking about. :guns:[/b]
I said it first... :p

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
12 paddle huh? lol, im about as sure youll put the proof up on that, as much as you put the proof of your quad doing 857,638,784,261,966 on the freeway because it had a pipe and 20" tires. i would loved to be proved wrong though...

·
Premium Member
21,252 Posts

·
Registered
5,546 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (POS450 @ Oct 6 2008, 09:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
G-MONEY???? Are you for real??? Are you a quad gangster? Seriously.....[/b]
LOL! :mafia:

41 - 60 of 223 Posts