Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner

1 - 20 of 223 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered a set of 21x12x8 extremes!!!!!! I didn't ever wanna be wishing for more paddle, so I got the 12 paddles. Figured the 14 was a lil bit much.... Anybody run these or similar???

·
Registered
5,546 Posts
Holy paddle! Do you have engine mods....or a busa in there?

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kracker @ Sep 26 2008, 12:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Holy paddle! Do you have engine mods....or a busa in there?[/b]
Yep and nope. but wish.... lol pretty strong motor, plus I'm running 12/39 gears

Figure the more traction, the more acceleration. We run a pretty short drag. Gettin outta the hole is a must.

When i rebuild this winter I'll be about 70 horse and 50 lbs of torque..... btw

·
Registered
217 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (slowLTR @ Sep 26 2008, 12:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Yep and nope. but wish.... lol pretty strong motor, plus I'm running 12/39 gears

Figure the more traction, the more acceleration. We run a pretty short drag. Gettin outta the hole is a must.[/b]
what mods? or is that a secret??? ;)

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Big Bore (100mm) 13:1, high grind cams, P&P, no airbox, full n motion (until I can get my hands on a dasa) power commander, this winter---> +3mm stroker, big valves, 46mm throttle body, big injector, 10-15hp NX wet kit..... bout it

·
Super Moderator
21,399 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (G-Money @ Sep 29 2008, 02:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
should help you do 100 in the sand uphill with a headwind in 3rd gear[/b]

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Keep laughing.... keep laughing..... actually gearing down will cut my top speed. Have to hold your little hands every step of the way

·
Premium Member
21,252 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kracker @ Sep 25 2008, 05:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Holy paddle! Do you have engine mods....or a busa in there?[/b]
Agreed...thats a whole lotta paddle there bro...I'm not sure I have ever heard of anyone running that many paddles on a LTR... :blink:

·
Premium Member
28,669 Posts
WTF,, Brats have 12 paddles and they work for me just fine

·
Premium Member
21,252 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Shadey @ Sep 29 2008, 11:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
WTF,, Brats have 12 paddles and they work for me just fine[/b]
I don't think 6 paddles per tire is what he had in mind... :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
28,669 Posts
So I don't really have a brain in each head :blackeye:

·
Premium Member
21,252 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Shadey @ Sep 29 2008, 11:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
So I don't really have a brain in each head :blackeye:[/b]
Depends...

Just saying...[attachment=20542:popcorn.gif]

Attachments

·
Registered
788 Posts
that is a lot of paddles, curious to see how it works,
maybe it's so extreme that it will work better than my combo :)

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Dont mean to rain on your parade. But your quad is gonna be slow with those 12 paddles. LOL Especially with extremes. Dude you wasted your money. If you wanted killer holeshots, a 8 paddle hauler would have been the most I would have done. Even fully built those tires will be WAY OVERKILL.!!!! Shoulda took peeps advice. That seriously was not a smart move.

Do yourself a favor and call and change your order. I promise you if you want killer short burst runs. 8 paddles at most.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SandJunkie @ Sep 29 2008, 11:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I don't think 6 paddles per tire is what he had in mind... :rolleyes:[/b]

Ha somebody got you on a Monday, glad I wasn't the blunt of everyone's joke. Fortunately people like this guy and 5tard keep comin back...I'd love to see this thing run great and kill everything but it sounds like that ltr in the sky at this point.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (trippleh @ Sep 30 2008, 06:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Ha somebody got you on a Monday, glad I wasn't the blunt of everyone's joke. Fortunately people like this guy and 5tard keep comin back...I'd love to see this thing run great and kill everything but it sounds like that ltr in the sky at this point.[/b]

Well we'll definitely see..... I am going to run my 8 paddles first, and then slap on the big dogs. LOL Proof is in the pudding. I will be sure to report back. :)

Let me ask you all this..... Most banshee guys are running close to this paddle if not more paddles and taller. I have EXTREME low gearing and as much torque (getting outta the hole power), as a 70-80 horse banshee. If any of you have my same power and torque AND gearing, AND HAVE RAN THIS PADDLE, then I will listen to what you have to say.

You are never going to be the fastest if you just do what the other guys are doing...... Sorry but true.

·
Premium Member
28,669 Posts
What does your LTR weigh <_< compared to the shee you speak of.

·
Premium Member
21,252 Posts
"Never argue with someone who thinks outside the box...since they are bound and determined to spend twice as much money as you have just to learn what you already know"...[attachment=20566:popcorn.gif]

Attachments

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Shadey @ Sep 30 2008, 11:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
What does your LTR weigh <_< compared to the shee you speak of.[/b]

I've seen some pretty fat guys on banshee's that more than make up any weight difference in bikes. lol

Plus, I am only starting with my four-wheeler. The paddles are more of an investment. They give me more room for more mods. I plan on doing a stroker kit, and then a nitrous kit. I won't have to buy paddles again for a while as long as I take good care of these. :)

1 - 20 of 223 Posts