Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:1zhelp: Hey guys im new to the forum and i just bought an 09 ltr450 its completely stock nothing has been done to it yet and i was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on what all i should do to this things to make it tear up the dunes and dirt when i cant make it to the dunes. i have had quads before but just threw some exhaust and intake maybe a programmer on them and been good. But this quad im wanting to get serious with do you guys have any suggestions on what you think i should do performance and suspension wise? id appreciate it.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
235 Posts
:1zhelp: Hey guys im new to the forum and i just bought an 09 ltr450 its completely stock nothing has been done to it yet and i was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on what all i should do to this things to make it tear up the dunes and dirt when i cant make it to the dunes. i have had quads before but just threw some exhaust and intake maybe a programmer on them and been good. But this quad im wanting to get serious with do you guys have any suggestions on what you think i should do performance and suspension wise? id appreciate it.
Are you more drag racing, duning, or jumping as far as suspension?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are you more drag racing, duning, or jumping as far as suspension?

i will be duning and jumping more than anything

·
Premium Member
683 Posts
Try are 540 kit it makes serious power that is super reliable! There is lot you can do budget is the limiting factor.

·
Registered
183 Posts
youshi rs-5, airbox lid off, and the chery bomb. All at the same time and youll gain alot more fun out of that engine and to benefit your all around riding drop the front sprocket to a 13 tooth and it will help real nice in the take off and launch. All that will set ya back approx. $600.00 bucks and to top it off you can put a good aftermarket intake on it (clamp on style with billet adapter) for less then $200.00 and toss that factory filter that is prone to leak dirt and crap between it and the airbox and have piece of mind that dirts not getting in there. Just remember to clean it quite often. I clean mine every 2 to 3 rides depending on how dusty it is when im riding. Enjoy it man youll like it especially after you put that suff on and dust 660 raptors and alot of 450s that dont have a ton of work done to them. When you go internal mods then get yourself a pc-5 fuel management unit and the auto-tune and have it set up on a dyno to get the best out of your mods and reliability. Welcome to the LTR WORLD....

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
youshi rs-5, airbox lid off, and the chery bomb. All at the same time and youll gain alot more fun out of that engine and to benefit your all around riding drop the front sprocket to a 13 tooth and it will help real nice in the take off and launch. All that will set ya back approx. $600.00 bucks and to top it off you can put a good aftermarket intake on it (clamp on style with billet adapter) for less then $200.00 and toss that factory filter that is prone to leak dirt and crap between it and the airbox and have piece of mind that dirts not getting in there. Just remember to clean it quite often. I clean mine every 2 to 3 rides depending on how dusty it is when im riding. Enjoy it man youll like it especially after you put that suff on and dust 660 raptors and alot of 450s that dont have a ton of work done to them. When you go internal mods then get yourself a pc-5 fuel management unit and the auto-tune and have it set up on a dyno to get the best out of your mods and reliability. Welcome to the LTR WORLD....
thanks man i have been looking into doing these just havent really found where i want to do them yet i know im getting a few mods from some friends for free because they race and have extra parts but the kind of exhaust is what im really having trouble with ive had a yoshi on my old raptor and it was nice but i have heard that the rossier exhaust is the best is this true or no?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Couldnt help ya too much on the rosser as I never had one but im sure someone will step in and give ya a rundown that has one.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts