Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys here it goes. I'm currently doing research trying to come up with another alternate to the stock FPR and the stock Fuel Pump. So far I figured out along with everybody else that our FPR has a return line to the fuel tank and the fuel pump has a vapor line.
I've heard the walbro 255 fuel pump would work but it doesn't have a vapor line to prevent vapor locking so I'm currently looking for our best option for that. (any input is appreciated)
As far as the FPR goes I believe I've found a winner. It's cost is $28 plus $14 s&h. It's on ebay under univeral fuel pressure regulator. (more input on my other thread Cutting out/stalling under engine/EFI/drivetrain)

Here are the pics. Any other ideas are welcome.

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Here is the stock fuel pump breakdown:
As you can see there isn't a fuel vapor separator inside the fuel pump, it's just a vent hose at the top. The actual fuel pump sets inside the canister and the way it's mounted ensures that any air that comes into the canister is sent to the top and out the vapor line into the tank. The filter at the bottom should in this design only get straight fuel.

So here's what I think:
You should be able to use a regular inline fuel pump like the walbro 255 as long as it is putting out at lease 50psi or more. The fuel pump doesn't need a vapor seperator as long as you don't run your tank empty and when hooking up the pump to the fuel line you bleed out all air pockets. I believe it would be to your advantage to get rid of the swirl tank completely and run the larger line that would go into the swirl tank straight to the fuel pump installing a gas cutoff valve into the line somewhere. I would also run the aftermarket FPR that I mentioned about with your new fuel pump so it can handle whatever size fuel pump to hookup to it.
This setup will be capable to run any motor upgrades you throw at it. I just wish I had the money to pursue this and be the first to try it out. As of now I'd love for someone else to try it out and see how well it works. The walbro 255 ($99 plus s&h) and FPR above ($42) figure some motor builder may pursue it if not I will soon as my money tree sprouts new bills.:sadwavey:

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Believe I've found the fuel pump that will fit inside where the stock pump is. It is the walbro 255lph flipped version Part number GSS315. Just wondering if it draws to much amps for the ltr or would the flipped version of the walbro 190 be better. Anyways for $99 dollars it would be a great replacement for the fuel pump.

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
I'm going to be doing the same mods as yourself. Haven't started researching anything yet but it looks like you have some contenders there :tups: Keep this thread going please. There are a lot of FPR problems lately.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Atta boy!!!

ETOWN...Go on with your bad self man:beerchug:! I just got a used FPR of an 07 for 55 bucks..put it on and I got MY BABY BACK!!! Fuel pressure at 43 and the best thing is after 5min of idling you can put your hand by the header and not get your skin singed!!! So what I am going to do while it is running good now is buy an extra pump and FPR once one pops up or hopefuly this thread will have found the solution or damn close:rofl: Well on to the dyno we go.... heading out sunday night in my semi with the wheeler in a crate and after I deliver my stores,on to Plover WI, where I will bunk until the boys at Rossier open up the doors at 8am. LETS GET THESE FUEL PROBLEMS SOLVED!!!!!!!!!!!!:rockwoot:

·
Registered
829 Posts
I really dont think you need a walboro 255 for the ltr. I was gonna put one in my turbo eagle talon. Pretty sure that needs way more fuel than a single single 450 ever would. I think just replacing the FPR would be a good start. does it come with that gauge on it from fleabay?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah guys I don't have the money yet to pursue this as of now, I have to kids that also race so it's been an expensive year for me. If anyone wants to front me the money I'll be happy to do the R&D :) LOL. Anyways does anyone know the exact dimensions of the walbro fuel pump (the one mentioned above) and if so is it the same as the keihin thats in our ltrs. They look the exact same but I've not seen one in person.
I am planning on get the adjustable FPR thats mentioned in a few weeks and when I do I'll post pics and it's performance.

·
Registered
878 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have been on this forum searching for someone that has installed one of these adjustable fuel pressure regulators and I can't find them. So I'll ask, has anyone done it, got any pictures, or any advice?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have been on this forum searching for someone that has installed one of these adjustable fuel pressure regulators and I can't find them. So I'll ask, has anyone done it, got any pictures, or any advice?
They work just need the correct fuel couplers and a space to install it

1 - 11 of 11 Posts