Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
Tusk Competition series. Love em! Added high rise extender pegs and the setup is very nice.

·
Registered
525 Posts
I'm running Raths. I bought them used and the guy I got them from attempted to weld one of the heel guards...The first ride I broke both heel guards. So I rewelded them, loosened up the nets like they're supposed to be, and I haven't had any issues since.

·
Super Moderator
4,154 Posts
I've got the new Pro Armor Revolutions as well and LOVE them. Rode with them at Red Bud this weekend and didn't crack the heel guards, my Rath's would have been toast.

Quad looks sick kyle!:rock:

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
+1

·
Premium Member
4,723 Posts
Thanks dude! I'm already ready to rebuild it for next year. haha.

I HIGHLY recommend these bars though. Top Notch.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I run IMS. Have broken the heal guards so many times I've lost count. I have broke all 3 versions. The latest net versions lasted the longest.. but when failed are the toughest to fix.

-Terry

·
Registered
559 Posts
I run IMS. Have broken the heal guards so many times I've lost count. I have broke all 3 versions. The latest net versions lasted the longest.. but when failed are the toughest to fix.

-Terry
WOW what in the world are u doing to those things?? I don't race, just trail and dunes only. I am on the bigger side 250 give or take a cheese burger or 2 and can stand on the outside edge with no problems . Maybe i got lucky and just got a good set..

·
Registered
14 Posts
I do race MX. I do like them, but am sick of them braking. Couple other local guys run the Raths and haven't had any problems.

-Terry

·
Registered
539 Posts
love the pro aluminums

·
Registered
261 Posts
im runnin the pro armor nerfs

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
anybody running Tusk Nerfs?

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
I do race MX. I do like them, but am sick of them braking. Couple other local guys run the Raths and haven't had any problems.

-Terry

I have gone through 2 sets of nets for the heel grauds and now broke both heel's at the mounting spot at the subframe

·
Registered
14 Posts
Here is a pretty good fix for the subframe mounting.
Weld a steel bar onto the steel plate, cut off the end of the healguard tube and slide a steel bar into it. Then mount to subframe.

I've also tried gusseting the aluminum.. but it just kept braking.

-Terry

·
Registered
7 Posts
coool, keep em coming guys! I had AC Racing Blacklines on my 06, they were alright except for installation, that was a major bitch, oh and AC's powder coat sucks as you can see on the front bumper.

Not sure if you’re still active on here but I bought a used 07 with AC nerf bars already on it. However one of the front bolts is snapped so I got a replacement for it but now they’re not lining up correctly. What caused your installation to be so difficult and what did you end up doing?

21 - 37 of 37 Posts