Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
quad isd 06 LTR... no major mods yet... the airbox lid and cherry bomb and a set of nerfs... like i said nothing major yet... suspension work is coming soon..and a stabilizer... BTW i weigh 160
back tires are worn out... fronts are getting there... back wheels are practically destroyed and dented very bad from rocks..

i live in pa... there are some rocks here on the MX tracks with lazy owners who dont give a hoot about quads...

i have no clue what to even look for when choosing wheels... no idea what the offsets and sizes should be...whats the lightest or anything... ive done some searching here and found the front offset 4in1out to sound like the best for handling... bike is being built strickly for MX track...theres no sand here and im only in the woods occasionally... im a c class rider though...not going to be doing any 110 ft jumps with alot of impact..id like to have a very nimble accurate steering... rear wheels im looking for something strong but light and possibly beadlock..??... the rocks have ruined my outer lips...
any suggestion on tires???

any ways...any help would be appreciated on wheel and tire choice for dirt... on somewhat of a budget...cant spend a ton...but want something that works ...oh and Black wheels prefferably

thanks alot

some pics:

·
Premium Member
28,671 Posts
The stock wheels are extremal tough for the price I just sold mine with tires for $140 :rolleyes:

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The stock wheels are extremal tough for the price I just sold mine with tires for $140 :rolleyes:[/b]
im looking to upgrade though...im gonna shy away from the rocks and be traveling to some better tracks... do i need a beadlock rear??? im hearing lots of good about the douglas wheels..

any opinions???

dc

·
Registered
495 Posts
imo theres some good deals on ebay right now some barely used douglas beadlocks at 125 with a day left and theres some hiper cf1s for 325 so i guess its basically what you wanna spend

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i may go for the douglas beadlocks...there is a new set on ebay right now im looking at... ive done more research and found some wheel choices id like...
i work at a MX track as a medic and luckily know some people...i get a pretty good discount on stuff so i may head down that way tommorow...im new to the sport and didnt know what was strong/light etc and what wasnt...
backspacing on rear wheels in and out??? and whats a good tire for dirt mx... specifically for front too..

dc

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
any idea on weight for a kendra klaw MX???
thinking this package... 18x10.5x9 kenda klaw MX

just not sure if i need beadlocks...ITP Baja's??? Red Labels???

??? a buddy has the klaws... and by the way he was throwing dirt at me at the track last week id say they scoop some dirt,...he runs the tread backwards
dc

·
Registered
90 Posts
Just bought some 9" Black ITP Baja's with ITP OMFG HD'S, Yeah that's what I said as I walked in the door and saw them mounted on my new rims"Oh my f...... god). I actually laughed after that and said dude, there is no way I can run those things, I mean shit I could put those rims and tires on a Honda Civic and make it look like a monster truck. I've read in the forums that they were heavy and all but damn, I wanted a long lasting tire and just figured I would be safe with those, wrong. I mean if you only ride gnarly trails the HD would be one badass piece of rubber and looks wicked too, but for general riding or mx tracks, uh no! I could just see hitting the first jump at the mx track with those on, be like jumping with an olympic size barbell fully stacked with 45's in the back for axle and wheels.
Anyways I told the guy I would buy them since I ordered them, but that I would have to sell them on craigs list, he said he'd put me in a set of mxr4's he had at the shop for $260.00 otd so I jumped all over it. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts